finally some pics of my system... The Punisher

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

starbuck478

Reaction score
hey everyone its been a while but ive been working constantly on my system in the 03' and i gotta say its come out pretty nice. ive been messing around with different sub-woofer and amp combinations for a while but i think i finally found one that matches the aggressive look of my expy not to mention its pretty loud... 2 15" Kicker L7 solo baric subs with a Kicker ZX2500.1 amplifier and a Power Acoustic 20 Farad capacitor. in order to pull this off i needed a 280 amp high output alternator and 2 auxiliary 2400 amp deep cycle car audio power cells from Kinetik not to mention all the 0 AWG wire and multiple fuses and distribution blocks. in order to mount it i removed the back bench seat and made my own platform that bolts into the factory bolt holes for the bench seat and finished it off with some custom routing on the platform and made a back plate for the side facing the trunk with logos of most of the companies i used to complete it. hope you like it

Attachments

• 29E.jpg
    29E.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 305
  • A5D.jpg
    A5D.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 307
  • E443.jpg
    E443.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 259
  • F2D4.jpg
    F2D4.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 375
  • FAC1.jpg
    FAC1.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 250

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KILLAH SYSTEM!!!!...i think it wouldve been a solid 10 if the wood was plexi and the logos were etched into them...i bet they BANG!!! im contemplating on L7 12's

OP
OP
starbuck478

starbuck478

Reaction score
haha thanks man I appreciate it and ya they thunder my mirrors are merely decorative at this point with the amount of vibration they have. I'd strongly recommend the L7 platform though if you have enough to drop on it there's really no comparison to the volume I can put out except for the kicker solo x's but in my area i'm the biggest no question they look great too since they don't follow the typical circle design just be ready to possibly up the alternator and add some batteries cause these things suck power down like its their job haha

OP
OP
starbuck478

starbuck478

Reaction score
thanks callee I figured i'd try to match the size of the expy to the size of my subs... extremely excessive haha
treycool-- way more than i'd like to admit haha the subs are gonna run you about $300 apeice, the amp is gonna be about $800, the alternator was $400, the two Kenetik batteries were $300 apeice, you can get a box for em for around $90 then you have to include all the 0 AWG wire, fuses, distribution blocks and since no electronic equipment out there accepts 0 gauge you have to buy wire reducers (i used stinger 0 to 4 gauge reducers) for all your connections. all in all it was a huge pain in the ass but everything i bought was warrantied so when i break it the companies replace it for free (has already happened with both subs and the amp haha) let me know if you want any specifics from where i got the various components

JTKustoms

Full Access Members
Reaction score
looks great man, the wood platform is a real nice touch. i bet they bang like crazyyy

OP
OP
starbuck478

starbuck478

Reaction score
thanks dr3w +JTKustoms routing the platform definitely took some time but the whole project was pretty extensive haha definitely worth it in the end though waiting for Kicker to send me back a brand new amp under warranty right now I'll try and post a video of them in action when I get it

Dexter

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm curious as to why those are pointing forward? They sound louder when facing the back hatch and also sound cleaner since you don't hear all of the mechanical noise. I would also recommend a bigger box, those could sound way better. I ran 4 L7 15s in an Explorer in 2006. I'm all about the lows. Every sub I've ever owned has been in a box tuned at no higher than 30 Hz. I'm guessing that box is in the high 30s. If you like nice, deep, clean-sounding bass...tune low. High-tuned boxes sound like crap. They sound loud, don't get me wrong...but they sound like crap.

You have some very nice components. If I were you...I'd go for a bigger box, tuned lower, and also facing backwards. I think you would be much more pleased.

And when you're ready to quit messing around, get some RE or Fi 15's :p

Last edited: