flushing radiator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fatjet00

Reaction score
In a few days I will be servicing the cooling system on my wifes 00 expedition with the 4.6 engine. Today I looked under it and was able to locate the drain plug for the block on the drivers side. I looked for the one on passenger side, but couldn't find it. I think it may be hiding behind the starter. Hoping someone can help me out. There are about 4 or 5 regular bolts that run along the block on passenger side that are just screwed in and not holding anything on. I don't think these are the plug to drain the block. I plan on draining the radiator and overflow reservoir, draining the block and filling back up with 50/50. Thanks for any help.

Gevans17

Reaction score
radiator flush

exactly what would you like to know?
Also, why are you trying drain the block by removing the drain plugs? :confused:

OP
OP
F

fatjet00

Reaction score
I located the drain plug on the driver side of the block. I want to know where the drain plug on the passenger side of the block is. When ever I flush the cooling system I like to drain the remaining water out of the block, then mix up 50/50 distilled water and antifreeze. Thanks