Fog light wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Indicator LED is in the main light switch.

Fuse 9 should be hot at all times. Check for power on both sides of the fuse with the fuse in place.

At the fog lamp relay, good fuse in #9, check for power at pin #3 on the relay - (may also be #30).

Are you familiar with a relay pin out? For example what #85, #86 is?

Last edited:
OP
OP
BlackBeauty

BlackBeauty

Reaction score
Ok i have to do frame work and rockers on my 97 tomorrow along with front wheel bearings as well. So give me a couple nights to get back to you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997R using Tapatalk 2

Hit By Thunder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On my 99 f150 mine did the exact thing as yours and after researching and coming up with dead ends, I looked very close and found the wires from the switch to the power distribution box where the relay is were not there. Pull the relay out and look in the power distribution box. Where the terminals go into the box, they are missing the wires and terminals. ARGH!!!!!!

I wired the fogs with a relay and tapped into the park light circuit for a trigger for the relay. This way there was no extra amperage on the park light circuit.

Rob/HBT