for those with a CCW, where do you keep your sidearm?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NewbieVet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Guess it would differ by state law. Here in FL with a CCW it can be anywhere in the vehicle. Without a CCW it may not be within "immediate access" of the driver, whatever that means.

In my last truck I had a paddle holster mounted on the inside of my center console on the left side. Pretty much just like this (cept this isn't my picture).

4850511855_7566ae93dd.jpg

Where do you keep yours? Oh and do you alert an officer if you get pulled over about the presence of the weapon? I do every time, but I know a lot of officers who advise against it.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
theres a SUPER old thread on the old forum about a rifle holder about the sun visors. those look sick. but just tell the popo your going hunting. haha idk what it is in cali, but when we go to the desert our gun is always next to us in the heep. i think its also in the center console locked, but you may ask, how get it out while the heeps running, well the ignition is broken. press the key release button and it comes out. haha but its not loaded. if we take the trailer the ammo is in the trailer. so if we get searched i think its legal. i know my uncle whos a retired sheriff keeps his side arm on him at all times. except when driving long distances. then its under his seat.

OP
OP
NewbieVet

NewbieVet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
theres a SUPER old thread on the old forum about a rifle holder about the sun visors. those look sick. but just tell the popo your going hunting. haha idk what it is in cali, but when we go to the desert our gun is always next to us in the heep. i think its also in the center console locked, but you may ask, how get it out while the heeps running, well the ignition is broken. press the key release button and it comes out. haha but its not loaded. if we take the trailer the ammo is in the trailer. so if we get searched i think its legal. i know my uncle whos a retired sheriff keeps his side arm on him at all times. except when driving long distances. then its under his seat.

Used to drive with my carry, but it's uncomfortable. Now I keep an empty holster and just transfer when I get out the truck. Was considering converting my jack compartment in the rear to hold my M4 carbine (not sure if it would fit) or maybe a CA89 9mm SBR. Then again, I'm probably coming across as a total firearm freak right now, which I'm not...but just like carrying a Trojan in my wallet, I like to leave the house prepared....lol

2000eb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i live in az so i carry it how i want when i want with the exception of govt buildings schools banks etc. my nearby convenience stores like me most clerks have noticed i carry but they also know im not gonna hold em up. i got a law enforcement and military back groung already lol wow it makes me feel old. i was carryin at the age of 18 but i just had to keep my badge on me. i used to live in a small town and we had a problem with ex inmates following detention officers home so my sheriff told me to carry even though state law says 21

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I love how you guys care around guns in your Expys!!
I'm not a gun guy, that and we have strict rules up here. but I find it funny everytime you guys talk about ..Thanks

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'm gonna have one with me one day.... NY takes an act of god or 1-2 years for the CCW to get processed plus now its almost 200$ so I'm dragging my feet to get one... but my rifles/shotguns/bows usually ride in their cases in the back.... want to design something to hold my bow behind my driver's seat they sell them but I'm cheap and dont buy I wanna DIY

mudryder18

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I keep mine in between my seat and the center console.
I havent been pulled over since i got it so i havent had to tell them about it but if i did get pulled over, i wouldnt tell them unless they asked.
Walnuts - my license only cost $7.50 and took about 1 week to get approved.

Attachments

• 0608011303a.jpg
    0608011303a.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 211
  • 0608011304.jpg
    0608011304.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 211
  • 0608011304a.jpg
    0608011304a.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 193

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
must be nice... I'm in bumfu** northern NY... 30 min from Canadian border.. but I got to follow the gay @$$ rules from the hippy tree hugger anti gun jack@$$ people in NYC and Albany that dont have a clue about upstate NY

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
and i thought it was hard getting a CCW here in cali. i think its a 4-6 month waiting period. i want to get a small 9. go to a range and learn. theres actually a free class i can take, but just have to buy the ammo. seems funn. i think ill take it next semester. my friends all ready did. so ill go do it. but if i had it on me i would keep it hiden. most likely in my pocket behind the rear seat. i have a seat cover, but that pocket is ripped, so i can still reach the seat pocket.