ForScan Tweaks - 2015+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ads245

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm not sure what the Auto Lock or Auto Unlock feature is, or what the Global Close or Global Open feature is.

Interesting. I don't have either of those options. If you still have FORScan up, if you can, try enabling Global Open 1. Once you have, hit the unlock button on the key fob once, and then press it again and hold it for 3 seconds. Hopefully, the driver's door window rolls down!

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I don't have either of those options. If you still have FORScan up, if you can, try enabling Global Open 1. Once you have, hit the unlock button on the key fob once, and then press it again and hold it for 3 seconds. Hopefully, the driver's door window rolls down!
I don't have it up right now but I will try it tomorrow. Getting ready for Trick or Treaters. It starts here in 45 minutes.

AllBoostNoEco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Isn't the Auto Lock and Auto Unlock the setting to lock the doors when you put it in drive and unlock when you go back to park? And each of the numbers references a key? I thought Ford limited it to 4 keys being programmed at one time, though?
I'll check my truck on Friday evening when I get home, but I know I didn't have either of those options in the plain English menu using the previous version of FORScan. My truck is also a '15, so perhaps that is the deciding factor. We need a '16 to add to the mix and compare with.

ads245

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Isn't the Auto Lock and Auto Unlock the setting to lock the doors when you put it in drive and unlock when you go back to park? And each of the numbers references a key? I thought Ford limited it to 4 keys being programmed at one time, though?
I'll check my truck on Friday evening when I get home, but I know I didn't have either of those options in the plain English menu using the previous version of FORScan. My truck is also a '15, so perhaps that is the deciding factor. We need a '16 to add to the mix and compare with.

I'd assume the same in regards to what Auto Lock and Auto Unlock is. I'm thinking the 5 options corresponds to the four doors and liftgate.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
There's a dash option to have either just the driver's door lock/unlock with the key button. I only want the driver's door to unlock with one button press, not all of them. Some areas are sketchy. Easy enough to press twice. I don't mind all the doors locking at 10mph (or whenever it happens) but for the same reasons as the key button don't want all the doors unlocking when I open the driver's door. Pretty sure the dash options cover all this so not sure what the Forscan settings are.

-- Chuck

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's a dash option to have either just the driver's door lock/unlock with the key button. I only want the driver's door to unlock with one button press, not all of them. Some areas are sketchy. Easy enough to press twice. I don't mind all the doors locking at 10mph (or whenever it happens) but for the same reasons as the key button don't want all the doors unlocking when I open the driver's door. Pretty sure the dash options cover all this so not sure what the Forscan settings are.

-- Chuck
On my truck one button press unlocks the driver's door and 2 unlocks all, but when I open the driver's door all are unlocked. If the front passenger unlocks their door only their door is unlocked. I wonder of those settings allow more finite control of which doors unlock.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@ads245

Okay I just went out and tried it. It doesn't work or I should say it doesn't do anything. I updated it wrote it to the database, shut everything off, got out of the truck locked the doors, unlocked the doors then pressed and held the unlock button but nothing happened. Now that I think about it. The only thing that I didn't do was one press and hold of the unlock button.

ads245

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@ads245

Okay I just went out and tried it. It doesn't work or I should say it doesn't do anything. I updated it wrote it to the database, shut everything off, got out of the truck locked the doors, unlocked the doors then pressed and held the unlock button but nothing happened. Now that I think about it. The only thing that I didn't do was one press and hold of the unlock button.

That's a bummer. However, I have seen other plain English options for other vehicles where even though FORScan shows the option, it doesn't work because the vehicle hardware isn't set up/present.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a bummer. However, I have seen other plain English options for other vehicles where even though FORScan shows the option, it doesn't work because the vehicle hardware isn't set up/present.
That's a problem I have right now. I activated the DRLs using the plain English menu but it turned on the turn signal and not the parking light so my DRLs are showing amber instead of white. Now I need to figure out the line and the code to change it to parking lights instead of turn signals.

Has anybody figured out that part of it?

flexitis

Reaction score
Check out the Flex sheet linked in one of my posts for the DRL.

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk