ForScan Tweaks - 2015+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I figured that I'd give this one a bump. I am working on comparing the codes from the Explorer and the F150 to see if there is commonality of the codes. I will post a spreadsheet highlighting the ones that seen common to both. Then it will be a simple matter of seeing if they work on my Expedition.

Cy Webit

Reaction score
I've been playing with ForScan on my 2016 Expy EL, made some changes that worked fine (got them from F150 forums), but I cannot for the life if me affect a change to the 12V cig lighter on the dash. I want it to cycle on/off with the engine. Right now it never times out, it is always powered up!
I've tried several different numbers: 726-39-01-0001-0068, none seem to make any difference? Could it be my cheapo OBD adapter can't write properly to that section? My ForScan doesn't allow me to write (change data) to any fields other than 2 I bolded above? Anyone got any suggestions?

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've been playing with ForScan on my 2016 Expy EL, made some changes that worked fine (got them from F150 forums), but I cannot for the life if me affect a change to the 12V cig lighter on the dash. I want it to cycle on/off with the engine. Right now it never times out, it is always powered up!
I've tried several different numbers: 726-39-01-0001-0068, none seem to make any difference? Could it be my cheapo OBD adapter can't write properly to that section? My ForScan doesn't allow me to write (change data) to any fields other than 2 I bolded above? Anyone got any suggestions?

Yeah, all modules from the 150 do not match up with the Expy...as in revision. It might be hardwired in our and not controlled by a module.

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thats odd about the cigar lighter 12v
my 2010f150 it cut off after a time period
2013 f150 it was hot all the time.
havent looked at the expy yet.

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
thats odd about the cigar lighter 12v
my 2010f150 it cut off after a time period
2013 f150 it was hot all the time.
havent looked at the expy yet.
That actually makes this make more sense. Our 15-17 Expy's are more closely related to the 2013/2014 F-150's than any other vehicle, minus Sync 3 of course.

Cy Webit

Reaction score
Hey Powerboater, I would appreciate to know if your 12v cig lighter on the dash times out or not. If it does, can you use ForScan and post your numbers for that block?
Thanks

AK_Zack

Reaction score
So I got the Bluetooth obd adapter and got it synced to my surface book, and got the forscan program, but I can't figure out how to change settings.. any chance you could give some pointers? @LokiWolf

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So I got the Bluetooth obd adapter and got it synced to my surface book, and got the forscan program, but I can't figure out how to change settings.. any chance you could give some pointers? @LokiWolf
In Order to change settings you need to request a Full License. On the Forscan site, there is a process.

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey Powerboater, I would appreciate to know if your 12v cig lighter on the dash times out or not. If it does, can you use ForScan and post your numbers for that block?
Thanks
i have to go see. I have been not paying much attention here latley sorry