Gear Swap Poll

Which gear for 35's

Votes: 9 52.9%

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • other

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
after everything that i have looked into, 4.10 and a programmer would be fine for 35's, but i suggest 4.56. i too am looking into 4.88 but do they make them for the front walnuts? i am also looking into lockers. want a selectable locker because i dont want the front locked all the time. i have actually read that its not a good thing to lock IFS front ends, makes the tires wanna pull away from eachother, ripping the front end all apart.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
there are plenty of lockers for the ford 8.8 inch. thats in the front. air lockers electronic lockers even spools. but who wants a spool in the front? u can never turn. but i wouldn't mind an arb air locker in the front of mine. not to go fast obviously but just because. one of the first things im going to get done to my truck once i get a job in a detroit in the rear. that is the only option other then a lsd. and if im going to put something in might as well go full lock. then for bigger tires idk what i want. probably 456. with everything that i want to do to this thing 37s doesnt seem to far out of reach. but thats in the future. will 456 spin 37s easily? or should i just get 488s? idk. future talk.

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
4.56 will be fine but im tryin for 4.88's. im not going to full time lock the rear or the front. going to get air lockers most likely cuz then i can run onboard air, train horns, and the lockers. are you sure its 8.8 in the front? i have 9.75 in the rear. havent even checked the front yet.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yes from what i remember ford put the 8.8 in the front in all the 4x4s. dosent matter if u had to 5.4 with the 9.75 rear or the 4.6 with 8.8 rear. the 8.8 is in the front. there are a lot of options for the front. air, electric, i think ox even makes one. but the 9.75. were limited. lsd or full lock or open. no companys have made anything other then that.

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well checkin around, prices range from 1500-1800 for front and rear, installed. but i might try and do mine myself. we will see.

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
im going to do mine my self im looking at $500 for ring&pinion, master bearing and shim kit........ i cant see paying 500-800 for the labor seems out of line to me

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well i am going to have to brush up on my powerblock t.v. if i am going to do my own gears.

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah, i watched one or two of them but didnt really take notes cuz i never thought i would be changing my own gears....now i gotta go tivo all of them to find it again! hahahha