General Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Everest

Reaction score
Would this be an OK tire for my 2004 Expedition 4x4? General AmeriTrac TR Automobile Tire P265/70R17.
Treadwear Warranty: Manufacturer's Warranty
Tire Type: SUV/Light Truck-
Sidewall: Black
Speed Rating: H
Load Index: 113
Speed Rating Translation: 130 mph
Load Index Translation: 2535 lbs.

Thanks for any info.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have some Grabber HTS on mine and they've been a good all around tire, especially for the price.

I'm not sure on their all terrain line, though.

ExpySport

Reaction score
I have read that General and Continental are, essentially, one in the same. The Continental ContiTrac TR is their all-terrain tire and has not been recieved well in the truck and SUV market. Lots of sidewall issues, blowouts, etc. Treadwear is apparently outstanding, however. From the looks of it, the ContiTrac TR and the AmeriTrac TR are pretty close in appearance. I don't know if the 2 are the same tire with just different sidewall markings. As ELVATO mentioned, the Grabber HTS is a great tire. If you want an all-terrain, check out their Grabber AT2, which has recieved excellent reviews and is also snowflake rated, if you need winter performance, as well.