Genuine Ford parts vs Motorcraft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oldpaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would assume there's no difference, but I've read in some places that there is.
Can someone set the record straight?

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On my wheel bearings I ordered Motorcraft. They were stamped FoMoCo Made In USA. They were OEM exact.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would assume there's no difference, but I've read in some places that there is.
Can someone set the record straight?

Motorcraft = supplier for Ford

For example, Motorcraft plugs are Made in Japan.

FoMoCo = well...Ford.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you saying motorcraft doesn't make ford genuine parts?

Motorcraft ain't a manufacturing company

It's shorthand for "Ford-approved supplier"

You can get Motorcraft boxes with Wix filters, Bosch injectors, etc. inside

OP
OP
oldpaddy

oldpaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Motorcraft ain't a manufacturing company

It's shorthand for "Ford-approved supplier"

You can get Motorcraft boxes with Wix filters, Bosch injectors, etc. inside
Off topic, but you seem like a guy who knows his shit, any idea the part number for the lift gate glass bumpers on a '14? I'm 99% sure I'm missing mine. My glass slams down. I can see two small holes on the lift gate where bumpers would go.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Off topic, but you seem like a guy who knows his shit, any idea the part number for the lift gate glass bumpers on a '14? I'm 99% sure I'm missing mine. My glass slams down. I can see two small holes on the lift gate where bumpers would go.

Mine only has rubber shit around to seal it

And two holes as well.

Yeah it slams, but ive slammed it literally thousands of times and no issues so far

OP
OP
oldpaddy

oldpaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine only has rubber shit around to seal it

And two holes as well.

Yeah it slams, but ive slammed it literally thousands of times and no issues so far
Interesting. So yours slams down really hard too. I guess it's a design flaw. I didn't have this problem on my last two first generations.
One more odd ball, I've got a broken cover on my liftgate glass hinge. It's a tiny cover that hides the bolt. Any idea where I could find that? All I can find are the hinges itself. Seeing the bolt drives me crazy.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Interesting. So yours slams down really hard too. I guess it's a design flaw. I didn't have this problem on my last two first generations.
One more odd ball, I've got a broken cover on my liftgate glass hinge. It's a tiny cover that hides the bolt. Any idea where I could find that? All I can find are the hinges itself. Seeing the bolt drives me crazy.

Junkyard or ebay

"Expedition glass hinge"

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Expedit...dition&hash=item1a49fe09fa:g:MFIAAOSwjlBaOGI0

Some list as 03-13 but seems like ******** to me

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire