Genuine Ford parts vs Motorcraft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtrebuchon

Reaction score
Interesting. So yours slams down really hard too. I guess it's a design flaw. I didn't have this problem on my last two first generations.
One more odd ball, I've got a broken cover on my liftgate glass hinge. It's a tiny cover that hides the bolt. Any idea where I could find that? All I can find are the hinges itself. Seeing the bolt drives me crazy.
Those two holes DO NOT take rubber bump stops. My brother in-law is the Sales Mgr at a very large Ford Dealership and he had his porters check 20+ 2014 Expys back then and none had bump stops in those two holes. In addition, all the parts diagrams available do not show any part.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Off topic, but you seem like a guy who knows his shit, any idea the part number for the lift gate glass bumpers on a '14? I'm 99% sure I'm missing mine. My glass slams down. I can see two small holes on the lift gate where bumpers would go.

I have a 2015 Expedition Limited 4x4, purchased new.

There are push-in rubber bumpers on the tailgate window opening on each side (near the bottom of the window opening). There are also glue-on rubber bumpers on the inside of the window glass, near the outside bottoms.

I do not have the part numbers. Maybe go to a dealer and have them look-up the parts for a 2015?

Plati

Reaction score
Off topic, but you seem like a guy who knows his shit, any idea the part number for the lift gate glass bumpers on a '14? I'm 99% sure I'm missing mine. My glass slams down. I can see two small holes on the lift gate where bumpers would go.
2014 EL, I have 4 rubber bumpers
2 on the glass & 2 on the liftgate
IMG_0099.JPG
IMG_0098.JPG

dang, now i'll probably spend the whole night saying
"rubber baby buggy bumpers, rubber baby buggy bumpers"

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorcraft said:
Motorcraft is an auto parts brand of American automotive corporation Ford Motor Company

Ford owns Motorcraft outright, and it's the brand they use to order parts from other companies (Timken, Bosch, Delphi, etc, as mentioned in this thread) made to their specifications, stamped with "FoMoCo", and placed in Motorcraft boxes.

Ford is to Motorcraft as GM is to ACDelco.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ford owns Motorcraft outright, and it's the brand they use to order parts from other companies (Timken, Bosch, Delphi, etc, as mentioned in this thread) made to their specifications, stamped with "FoMoCo", and placed in Motorcraft boxes.

Ford is to Motorcraft as GM is to ACDelco.

I'm pretty sure I've seen products for Fords and BMWs branded ACDelco tho...

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oldpaddy,

The part number for the bumpers on the liftgate that are attached to the liftgate itself and not the glass is "-N811591-S" (you need the dashes or they don't come up). They come as a pair. I don't recall the price. These are also the same part number as the ones on the upper outer corners of the front doors. https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/part...odel=Expedition&Year=2017&Submodel=&Filter=()

Image borrowed from a previous post:
img_0098-jpg.24691

My favorite place online to buy Genuine Ford Parts is www.fordpartsgiant.com

Last edited:

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oldpaddy,

The part number for the bumpers on the liftgate that are attached to the liftgate itself and not the glass is "-N811591-S" (you need the dashes or they don't come up). They come as a pair. I don't recall the price. These are also the same part number as the ones on the upper outer corners of the front doors. https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/part...odel=Expedition&Year=2017&Submodel=&Filter=()

The rubber ones on the glass as far as I know only come on the glass.

The glass hinges only come as a complete set the only way to get the cover is to buy a new hinge or get one from the scrap yard. Keep an eye on the hinges they eventually fatigue and crack at the screw in the glass. I replaced both sides on my 05 because of cracking issues. Each side is a different part number because of the way the glass slants on both sides.

https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts-list/2017-ford-expedition/back-window-glass.html?PNC=<420A68

Last edited:
OP
OP
oldpaddy

oldpaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
oldpaddy,

Image borrowed from a previous post:
img_0098-jpg.24691

Ordered!
Thank you very much for the help.