Gibson Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DF5.4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Last weekend I added the Gibson Swept Side stainless exhaust to my 07. The biggest problem was getting the pipe that goes over the rear suspension off. Ford adds a weight to the pipe that just fits through the opening it goes through. I ended up cutting the pipe in 3 pieces. (I really need a sawzall) I was 1 bolt away from taking the rear sway bar out to get the new pipe in. Once that was in everything bolted together nicely.

So far I like it. It has a nice rumble but it's not too loud. (I still need to be able to go through campgrounds.) No drone in the truck. The K&N intake has more drone in places. It feels like there is some more power. When it gets nicer out I can hook up the Superchips and measure some times. After a few tanks of gas I will see what it does for mileage. Later I will see what it does for towing the TT (7000 parachute)

dscn4061_zpssppw5hnv.jpg

dscn4070_zpsxhrzbxpb.jpg

dscn4072_zpsrw0xjujc.jpg

dscn4074_zpsthzbmpqz.jpg

Last edited:

cheapjeep

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've been kicking around this exhaust for months for mine. Money wise compared to anything else out there it's a steal. I just didn't want it to be too quiet but also not annoyingly loud. Let me know what you think after some drive time on it. I have a Readylift 3/2 lift to put on so maybe I'll have a little more working room under there.

andrew_s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
VERY interested in hearing this exhaust. Eitherway will be going this kit as well and glad to hear about your experience as it confirms my choice.

69Hcode

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got mine out with out cutting it. Just jack the rear end way up. Shoulda put the front on stands and it would have been pretty easy.

I'm happy with my Cherry bomb vortex exhaust. Very little to no drone. On a road trip my buddy asked me when I was going to put an exhaust on it. He thought it was stock. It drones a little on power tune but I run economy most of the time anyway. Has a nice rumble when accelerating but not loud at all. I got it for $264 shipped off ebay.

mohammad241

Reaction score
Nice

i already have the Gibson headers not yet installed, i am thinking of an exhaust system like this one.

will you post the sound of the exhaust start up and driving?

i am excited about this one.

andrew_s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice

i already have the Gibson headers not yet installed, i am thinking of an exhaust system like this one.

will you post the sound of the exhaust start up and driving?

i am excited about this one.

Sorry for the late response, been having issues with my camera but will poat a startup and drive video soon. To be perfectly honest its not much louder then stock until you get on it a hair.

rayt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i've had this exhaust system sitting in my garage for 3+ years now, might get around to it eventually!

toadeyes

Reaction score
I also just bought a Gibson Exhaust system from 4 Wheel Online. Still in the process of installing it. Good thing I read your thread. This will surely be helpful.