Good Winter Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExpySport

Reaction score
The Uniroyal Laredo Cross Country has a quiet tread design, but is snowflake rated. We've seen some go 80k+ miles too.

Are you sure about the snowflake rated? I'm running that tire but don't see the "snowflake on the mountain" emblem anywhere on the sidewall. Are you, perhaps, looking at the 4-season design emblem (rain, sun, snowflake) which the words Cross Country are surrounding? I'm not saying you are wrong, but I am curious, that's all. I looked all over my sidewalls and don't see the mountain & snowflake marking.

markanthony

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the BIG O brand sport touring A/T's on my 99 XLT. They have served me wonderfully. I live in Utah were we get a good amount of snow, plus with moab that I have done with my ford. I have had nothing but traction. To drive the point home. I dont really know if the A4WD system works right. I have loads of traction. I have a hell of a time spinning tires. Moab was alot of fun. Nothing but tration on the rocks. I got them in the size of 265 70 r 17's which are stock size ( I think)

phocker

Reaction score
Nitto's

I have now run two sets of the Nitto Terra Grapplers in the 265/75/17 size and I got them through Discount tire for right around 800 with the lifetime replacement. I live in Utah and I didnt have 4X4 on my 01 expy and made it through two winters before the truck gave up and not once did I doubt the tires. And now I have a brand new set on my 05 4X4 and I never put it in fourwheel so to me one of the best by far.