GPS and DVD unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ex0r

Reaction score
Do any of you guys know of any of the interchange parts for a 1997 expedition allowed an in-dash GPS navigation system, or a drop-down dvd screen from the back (Near the rear hvac controls)? Looking for one, or both as my kids are complaining about wanting to watch tv while we travel, and if possible i would like to stay stock as opposed to getting two headrest mounted ones.

Also, my buddy has a 99 navigator that has the same stereo system I have, but he has radio controls on his steering wheel. Is this something I can add to my truck, or is that a navigator only feature?

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Your best bet is to get an aftermarket in-dash double din head unit that has DVD and built-in GPS. You will have to cut out a brace behind the stock radio, but it is easily done and won't adversely affect anything. If the new unit has a video out function, you just install any overhead aftermarket DVD screen and run the A/V cable to it. I'm sure you will be able to find one that will match your interior trim color and won't look aftermarket.
If you don't have steering wheel buttons now, you will have to replace the steering wheel with one that does, then install a PIE converter that will reprogram the button functions to your intended use.