Gremlins in the works

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Iggy S

Reaction score
2000 Ford Expedition 5.4L V8 SOHC SEFI So I have a weird one for ya. It goes back a few months. Back in January the heater core went out and I bought a 12v heater to use until I got the core fixed. The 12v unit drained the battery. It was old and needed to be replaced anyway.
After the jump start, I had all kind of system issues. Head lights, dash lights, AC/heat blower, wipers, stereo. Would come on and off as they pleased. Replaced the battery, cleaned up the contacts, tightened everything battery related down as tight as I could. Everything seemed to be happy.
Fast forward to last week. Took a drive about 40 minutes away and on the way home stopped for a few hours at the zoo. The Expy sat in the 90deg heat for about 4hrs. Enough time that everything was hot to the touch inside. Fired right back up, but the same system issues came back. Head lights, dash lights, stereo. And it had the dreaded ignition coil rough running. Today, swapped the coil and took a look at the error codes before clearing them out. Any idea what if anything they have in common?
B1428
B1318
P0500
B1359
B1839
B1446
B1450
fullsizeoutput_b5.jpeg Thanks in advance!!!

docraymund

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's pointing to a GEM module problem. Locate the computer and look for signs of moisture on it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luketravis