Ground wire trans issue need help photos inside !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExpeditionLova

Reaction score
1997 EB

Replaced thermostat radiator blend door & heater core first few things were not working but few days later most of everything has come back to life blower motor, wipers, ect and the heat works GREATTT !!!

still one main issue the trans jumps hard mainly out of first but jumps in all gears and spedometer doesnt work

I've done replaced GEM, Speed Censor... still same issue I know all the connectors are good as far as GROUND WIRES Ive been trying to locate them for 8 months now SMH:think: STILL NO LOUCK AND NOT REALLY SURE WHERE TO LOOK I KNO THERE 1 GROUND BEHINE EACH KICK PANEL those are good

now i was just randomly looking under my truck todday and came across a

21e6mhh.jpg
:wtg:
vsf9mf.jpg
:321:
2cx9e11.jpg

ground damaged ON the PASSENGER SIDE near the running board but i dont think it Relates to the trans problem

CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME OUT on BOTH Issues :Violin:

QUICK SIDE NOTE BACK IN JUNE I WAS TAKING MY GIRFRIEND TO WORK AND THE SPEDOMETER WAS WORKING BUT NOT FULLY FUNCTIONING SPEED I KNOW WAS OFF BUT THE GAGE WAS MOVING AND THE SHIFTING WAS A LOT SMOOTHER BUT I COULD TELL NOT ALL THE WAY THERE.....ONLY THAT ONE RANDOM TIME DRIVING IT ATTEMPTED TO WORK !

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Those are ground straps and most decent auto parts stores should have them. Since you have rust I would go over all of the electrical connections that go to ground - clean up and spray with the protective paint. You will also have one on the engine that connects to the chassis or neg side of the battery.
Then I would also inspect / clean up the positive side in the engine compartment - disconnected battery of course

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

ExpeditionLova

Reaction score
Those are ground straps and most decent auto parts stores should have them. Since you have rust I would go over all of the electrical connections that go to ground - clean up and spray with the protective paint. You will also have one on the engine that connects to the chassis or neg side of the battery.
Then I would also inspect / clean up the positive side in the engine compartment - disconnected battery of course

can u give more details on what the strap ground is for ??

an is that all the grounds do you know how many are behind the dash its been a while since i took it down

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The engine/trans assy is isolated from the vehicle by the mounts. The ground straps allow an electrical connection between that assy and the chassis/battery ground.
Interior chassis grounds are usually behind the kick panels.

If the auto parts stores don't have the ground straps you make your own.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
the_plugger