Hard Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rpmaniac

Reaction score
I am posting this for anyone having starting problems, if you have bosch spark plugs in your engine get them out and put motorcraft plugs in, I spent the last three months trying to diagnose starting problems and as soon as I put the motorcraft plugs in it went away.

OP
OP
R

rpmaniac

Reaction score
Yes they did have the correct gap and they were also platnum, they were in my 5.4 for about 9 months before they started giving me problems.

Tech

Reaction score
I have learned from experience... Don't use anything but stock for the motor... I have had my fair share of issues... Also, don't go to the cheap gas places, HESS, Citgo, those places... I only use Shell, Exxon, Mobile, and Texaco. :)

Grasshopper

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've never had spark plug issues but from reading experience, on these Ford, modular motors (4.6 and 5.4), it is best to use the Motorcraft plugs...or if you are running a supercharged/turbo'd application, the Lightning, iridium plugs from Motorcraft. Just about all other kinds and brands are less than good.