Head Unit Upgrade Phobia

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

BillyTheKid70

Reaction score
I just completed my 2013 upgrade a couple months ago:and My gear:
- Pioneer AVH-X4800BS (Double DIN Bluetooth In-Dash DVD/CD/AM/FM Car Stereo (circa 2018 from my 2002 Exp install)
- JL Aidiot vx400/4i 75W x4 @ 4ohm (I splurged here)
- JL Audio C3 6.5” component speakers (front)
- JL Audio C1C3 6.5” speakers (rear)
- JL Audio 12W6-AE sub [box]
- JL Audio RD500/1
- Metro integration box + steering wheel controls
- Upgraded factory mic for head unit compatibility
- Reused factory camera; sliced RCA for head unit compatibility
- All new signal, speaker and power runs
- Sound deadening doors, lift gate and others areas

Not for bragging rights, but went through the ringer on this one over the course of a year and a driveway job. Lots to share here plus lessons learned! Advice: lditch the Sync and don’t gut the factory amp behind the old head unit - I’m told there’s other “stuff” that passes through that connector. Let the Metro (great pre/post sales support) integration box take car of that. Also, a lot of great support here from folks on integrating into factory wiring and pin outs on connectors. Yep, it’s more than 6 wires now and happy to field questions - just be patient with me.
So, I returned the Belva734 head unit experience. And got better results with the following 10 inch install.

1. Atoto S8 Premium

2. PAC C2R-FRD1

*** So my latest dilemma is as follows. I have theories yet jittery about next steps.***

I can't get a straight answer from Atoto. I think you'd agree where I'm going here. I have spiced an rca to my oem to keep oem rear cam. That part works great. So only in aux mode I get rear cam in all gears obviously. , So from my head unit, can I attach the + rear cam wire to + RCA spice to oem. Hence, to trigger the reverse signal to rear oem cam? I brought a male/ female pigtail to do such. Open to insight here. Not sure if its 6 or 12 volt, I'm not very good with the practice with a multimeter etc... I wonder if theres a way to know for sure... (I hope my inquiry is clear enough to understand) I know use the multimeter lol

Thanks much,

BTK70

Attachments

• 20230922_220423.jpg
    20230922_220423.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 20230922_164834.jpg
    20230922_164834.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 20230922_150628.jpg
    20230922_150628.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 10

JimR_TN

Reaction score
The pink camera + needs a positive trigger when the car switches to reverse. It is typically connected to the + on the reverse lights. I'm not sure if you can get that out of your existing connection or if you need to tap into the reverse lights.

There is a dedicated Atoto Facebook group if you do Facebook. Many people who have installed them, use them as well as Atoto reps.
ATOTO Android Head Unit Owners OFFICIAL

Gregg Eshelman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is there any Android 2 DIN that will use the rear seat audio in a 2007? Stock system has the subwoofer, no steering wheel controls.

muskytom

Reaction score
I think any head unit will work WITH an integration device that will do the rear audio. Metro makes one and when I was choosing mine, I believe rear audio was one of the selection questions. I don't work for them or being thrown a bone - I've used their productions from integration, to steering wheel controls to mounting faceplates with great fitment. Still a place where you can talk to a human to ensure you get the right stuff.