Heated/Cooled seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TJ Toronto

Reaction score
Hello everyone

Just wondering if anyone else has had issues with their heated/cooled climate controlled front seats. The passenger side works fine. The drivers side turns on, then about 5-10 seconds later, it shuts itself off. When re engaged, it just flashes quickly and will not turn back on. It does this for both heat and a/c.

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

TJ

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was a TSB about the control modules under the seat and there are some YouTube videos about. Something about a terminal burning because of an insufficient ground.

Here are two:

OP
OP
T

TJ Toronto

Reaction score
Thank you! Those videos are exactly what's happening. I'll get it looked at this week!

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Yeah I had that issue but that usually affects both driver and passenger. It's a real pain to get under the seat to replace this harness but my heated/cooled seats have been flawless since

OP
OP
T

TJ Toronto

Reaction score
Oh really. Is it 1 module and harness for both seats? Or each seat has its own. I don't seem to find this particular info in my manual.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh really. Is it 1 module and harness for both seats? Or each seat has its own. I don't seem to find this particular info in my manual.
It is just one module like they show in the video. I personally wouldn't drill holes in the connector like they did, I would buy the new wiring harness and do it correctly.

OP
OP
T

TJ Toronto

Reaction score
I agree. I will certainly do it right.
I hope that is the issue, as the passenger side is working fine. I guess we can start there and see what happens.

StephanSloan

Reaction score
I got the kit from eBay I think. My 2007 Expedition EL had a burnt connector under the passenger seat just like in the video. I did not remove the seat just left the tails a little long and then zip tied them back up under the seat.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jefes_Shyt