Heated/Cooled seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rollinstone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2014 LTD with heated 2nd row seats. Left 2nd row seat heater switch just flashes once when it's toggled and goes out. Would that switch also be controlled by that module under the front seat?

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2014 LTD with heated 2nd row seats. Left 2nd row seat heater switch just flashes once when it's toggled and goes out. Would that switch also be controlled by that module under the front seat?

Without looking in the manual I would guess that it does not. The climate-controlled setup in the front is an air-based system whereas the second row uses a standard coil/heating pad type setup. To be sure though, you can probably pickup a service manual via eBay on the cheap.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score

You would have better results had you started a new thread about your problem

The OP in this thread had a 2008 expy and his problem was with the front seats.

Your problem is different as it concerns the 2nd row heated seats plus yours is a 2014

To answer your question There is no connection between the front row and the 2nd row modules

cyclesomatic

Reaction score
Just bought a 2008 EB with this exact same problem. Both seat heating/cooling inoperable and the lights come on and flash for a couple seconds and go out.

Just thankful there are people sharing info like this. I'll troubleshoot it sometime in the next week or so and post my findings with images.

To the OP Tj Toronto: Any updates on your situation?

OP
OP
T

TJ Toronto

Reaction score
Good Morning Cyclesomatic,
Welcome to the group.

Unfortunately I’m still with no working seat. There have been quite a few days recently where I would have loved to have it that’s for sure! I look forward to your findings.
Thanks Again

TJ

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If either of you can get codes pulled from the body modules, there should be some set for the seats, unless the control modules are bad.

mbed

Reaction score
there are quite a few issues from poor grounds or wire splice corrosion...my 08 has many.

OP
OP
T

TJ Toronto

Reaction score
For me though, it’s only my driver seat heat and cool that’s not working. The passenger side works fine.