Heavy duty rear springs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ristin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2000 EB 5.4 with tow pkg 130,000 miles. New shocks, new load range E tires blown up to 70lbs

I think my Expy sits a little low in the back and its very bouncy with a trailer attached.
The ride improved with new shocks and the load range E tires but I'd like the rear suspension to be firmer. When I google Expy springs I don't see any springs advertised as heavy duty. The only choices I see are variable rate & constant rate. What is the life span of stock springs? Would new stock springs help and were the OEM's variable or constant rate?

I had a 2005 Jeep Liberty and OEM springs were considered sagged and done by 50,000ish miles. I replaced all four with Old Man Emu heavy duty 1.5" lift coils and the ride quality & handling improvement was phenomenal!

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coilsprings.com they will make them to withstand up to 2k lbs over oem standard... or more

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

SnuffThePunkz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've read on here that Moog offers a upgraded coil pack for capacity, and also swapping 07 SD front coils in will increase capacity and give like a 2.5" lift at the same time.

I did a 2.5" Daystar rear spacer and my ass went from sloppy to manageable, not great like my ole F-250, but good enough I don't have to insure it to drag the ole horse trailer when doing a dump run.