Held ID this switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

z168

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Im looking at getting a proper siwtch for my fog lamps. Question on this switch - whats the use of the far right?

$(KGrHqRHJCgFBsRU3DN8BQk7GJ)iig~~60_57.jpg

Edit: sorry the subject should be "help ID this switch"

Edit2: far right - thanks

Last edited:

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The far left is the headlight switch...? The far right controls whether the headlights turn on automatically according to this old old thread...
http://www.expeditionforum.com/f16/autolamp-control-1042/

I don't mean to state the obvious, but if your fog lights are not working, try pulling the switch once you turn the headlights on. I guess I am confused in general by your question.

OP
OP
Z

z168

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The far left is the headlight switch...? The far right controls whether the headlights turn on automatically according to this old old thread...
http://www.expeditionforum.com/f16/autolamp-control-1042/

I don't mean to state the obvious, but if your fog lights are not working, try pulling the switch once you turn the headlights on. I guess I am confused in general by your question.

my bad - my head isnt on straight today. yes I meant far right.

I retrofitted my foglamps and wired them directly to the parklights (relayed of course). but now Im thinking of getting the proper switch for them and this particular switch piqued my curiosity

Is that auto-on lamp plug and play? or does it need to be wired and such

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If your truck does not have the feature now, then it probably won't work unless you get the proper GEM that came with that switch as well. For simplicity's sake I would only replace your switch with one that has the same functions (except with the fog light switch ability). Anything extra is probably not going to be in the truck's "brain" if you will and therefore will not work anyways.

OP
OP
Z

z168

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just might decide to use that extra switch to run the fogs as DRLs

Thanks again

215Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
is there a write up on how to wire the fogs the the parking lights, my expo has fogs but the previous owner installed a headlight switch that does not have the fog light option.

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
is there a write up on how to wire the fogs the the parking lights, my expo has fogs but the previous owner installed a headlight switch that does not have the fog light option.

I would just change the switch. Usually can find them fairly cheap from a junkyard that stocks parts.

Ridgerunner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry for hijacking this thread but can this option be added in a Expy that didn't come with the fog lights or auto dim?

OP
OP
Z

z168

Full Access Members
Reaction score
there is wiring that resembles the fog lamp socket which makes me believe that our expy's are pre-wired for foglamps. I have not verified the wiring from the cabin switch though

I bought a separate relay harness (~$10 or so) so I dont mess with the factory harness. Its pretty simple - I just tapped on the passenger side corner lamp parklight as the trigger and voila. I figured I would always use the foglamps so its always on. Plus side is 1) foglamp stays on with highbeams and 2) and I can drive with the foglamps with headlights off

Last edited: