Hello everyone!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I'm new to this whole Expedition thing. I just purchased a black and gold '03 EB edition. I do know one thing.. I'm not liking the cost of gas! If any of you have the same Expedition.. what kind of gas mileage are you getting? And how much per week is it costing you to gas up with these outrageous gas prices?

I've been lurking here for awhile, but my curiosity has peaked.. so I joined.

I even have pics of my new truck for you all!

Also, if anyone could be nice enough to show me (YouTube or however).. how do you remove the turn signal markers on the side view mirrors?

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
welcome... not the same gen expy as you... but mines bad enough I drive my neon 80% of the time...lol

AirmanHarrison

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ha ha I don't even look at the price to fill my 05 up anymore .... Just gulp and drive away..... But it looks good just sitting on my driveway at the moment, the other half takes our jetta and I lug the kids around in mine. Some days I'm so heavy footed i watch the gas gauge drop before my eyes lol

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
I just never let mine get under 3/4 full anymore. $100+ fill ups bite ass. I'm with Walnuts. Most of my driving is in my Intrepid now. The wife takes the kids to school in our Ex, and the odd local shopping, but anything out of town is in the car.

BTW Welcome to the site. Nice looking Expedition Black&Gold!!!

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome! Were getting alot more gen2's here.... woohoo!

Sent from space using taptalk

lakeguy43

Reaction score
Gas prices are outrageous. Yet I read a couple articles one in the local paper talking about that very thing with respect to SUV's. Apparently there is still a healthy appetite for new SUV's, Chevy Suburbans, Ford Expedition EL's, etc. I guess if you have a horse or two and need to move a bunch of people.... not going to do it with a crossover.

lakeguy43

Reaction score
Home of the locally famous Taber corn? (I spent some time in Edmonton but it's been years). What is the cost of a litre of regular these days? Used to be higher in Canada than the US. Doesn't make sense. You're an oil producing country. Years ago they could make money selling oil sand oil at $20/barrel. As far as I know they get more efficient all the time so why such a high cost of living?