HELP! 1999 Expy 2nd row seat belt stuck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1999Expy

Reaction score
Hi all! Question regarding the 2nd row center seat belt (lap belt) in this vehicle...it seems to be stuck (won't unroll), are there any previous threads regarding troubleshooting / replacement / etc? If not, anyone who can assist troubleshooting this thing? Thanks!!

Bugzuki

Reaction score
I wish someone would have answered your question. Mine is stuck all the way out and we need it later today. I see the belt roller mechanism is inside the seat itself. I will have to go see if I can pull it apart and see what I find.

Bugzuki

Reaction score
Mine is fixed

Well, I fixed my seat belt on Friday.

I took out the 7 bolts that hold the left seat in. Turned the seat over. Under the seat there are a bunch of plastic clips that hold the material to the frame. I pulled those off and moved the material out of the way. The seat belt is bolted to the latch mechanism, so you have to remove the latch. Then, pull the mechanism out and unbolt the seat belt.

You have to drill out two pop rivets (I did all three, but only needed to undo two).

On mine the seat belt was stuck around the plastic piece that directs the seatbelt. Here is a picture after I got it straightened out.

seatbelt_inside.jpg

After I got the seat belt corrected and working. I used sheetmetal screws to the seatbelt frame.

seatbelt_screws.jpg

Here is a picture of the frame where the seatbelt and latch mount.

seatbelt_mount.jpg

Hope that helps.