Help Installing Alarm/Remote Start in 97 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikescl11

Reaction score
I need a little bit of help from some of the Alarm and Remote Start Masters around this forum, I'd really appreciate it! Might even help others

I recently bought a 1997 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4L and want to put an alarm in it so I bought an AutoPage C3+RS730LDC 4-Channel 5+Button Chrome LCD Alarm with Remote Car Stater. The Expedition already has an aftermarket remote start installed in it that I plan to remove to use this new system.
I have installed many stereos but never an alarm and when I saw all of the wires this thing comes with, I realized I might have a problem. Considered paying someone else to do it but nobody is willing to so I’m sticking with the original plan of doing it myself but need help as to which wires go where.

Any and all Help would be great!

Heres what I’ve got so far, PLEASE correct me if i have something wrong and help me with the wires i don’t know. My connection choice or question will be after each —>

6 PIN HEAVY GAUGE WIRING CONNECTIONS:
*Violet Wire—Starter Output—> Red/Light Blue(+) wire at Ignition Switch Harness
*Red Wire (2) — +12V Power Input—> Yellow(+) and Light Green/Purple(+) wires at Ignition switch harness
*Yellow Wire – Ignition 1 Output—> Blue/Light Green(+) wire at Ignition switch harness
*PINK Wire – Ignition 2 Output—> Red/Black(+) wire at Ignition switch harness
*Brown Wire –Accessory Output(Heater /AC Output)—> Gray/Yellow(+) wire OR Black/Light Green(+) Wire at Ignition switch harness????? There are two wires but the Autopage system only asks for one so which one do i use?

5 PIN WIRE HARNESS:
*RED / WHITE WIRE –PARKING LIGHT RELAY INPUT ——> do nothing with
*WHITE WIRE — PARKING LIGHT RELAY OUTPUT—> Brown(+) wire at the Headlight switch
*BLACK WIRE — SYSTEM GROUND ---> Ground to Chassis
*BROWN WIRE – (+) 2A SIREN OUTPUT –—> Red wire on Siren
*RED WIRE — SYSTEM POWER (+12V CONSTANT) — —> Yellow(+) wire at Ignition switch harness

3 PIN DOOR LOCK CONNECTOR:
*GREEN WIRE - (-)Lock Pulse (+) Unlock Pulse —> ???
*RED WIRE - Not Used —> ???
*BLUE WIRE - (-)Unlock Pulse (+) Lock Pulse —> ???

20 PIN WIRE CONNECTORS:
*H6/1 BROWN/BLACK WIRE: 200 mA (-) Ground Output When Running—> Ground to Chassis?
*H6/2 GRAY/BLACK WIRE: 200 mA (-) Second Starter Output.—> Not Used
*H6/3 PINK WIRE – (-) 200mA Programmable Output—> ???
*H6/4 WHITE / BLUE WIRE – (-) Instant Start & Turn Off Input–—> ???
*H6/5 WHITE WIRE – (-) 200mA Dome Light Control Output –—> Black/Light Blue wire in passenger kick panel
*H6/6 BROWN / WHITE WIRE – (-) 200mA Programmable Output Horn Output – —> Dark Blue wire in steering column harness
*H6/7 BLACK/GREEN WIRE – (-) 200mA Channel 4—> ???
*H6/8 BLACK/WHITE WIRE – (-) Neutral Safety Switch Input or (-) Enable Switch Input –—> Ground to Chassis?
* H6/9 ORANGE/WHITE WIRE – 200mA Grounded Output when Disarmed - N.O. Disable—> Ground to Chassis?
*H6/10 WHITE/RED WIRE - Tachometer Signal Connector ——> Not Used
*H6/11 BLUE/BLACK WIRE – (-) 200mA Accessory 2 Output –—> Ground to Chassis?
* H6/12 WHITE/GREEN WIRE – (-) Diesel Wait To Start Input—> Not Used
* H6/13 YELLOW WIRE – (-) 200mA Ignition 3 Output –—> Not Used
* H6/14 GREEN WIRE – Negative Door Switch Sensing Input (Zone 3) ——> ???
* H6/15 GRAY WIRE – (-) 200mA Channel 3 Output –—> Not Used
* H6/16 BLUE WIRE – Ground Instant Trigger Input (Zone 2) –—> Ground to Chassis?
* H6/17 WHITE/VIOLET WIRE – Positive Safety Shut Down Input –—> Light Green wire at switch above break pedal
*H6/18 VIOLET WIRE – Positive Door Switch Sensing Input (Zone 3)–—> ???
* H6/19 WHITE/BLACK WIRE – Negative Safety Shut Down Input – Hood trigger Input—> Connect to Hood Trigger provided
*H6/20 ORANGE WIRE – (-) 200mA Grounded Output When Armed –—> Ground to Chassis?

Here is the link to the install manual: http://remotelystartedmn.com/admin_files/PDF/C3-RS-730install1.pdf

B

bedrck46

I would suggest that you get a copy of the

Ford workshop manual on DVD. Can be obtained from seller "morpheousking" on e-bay. Cost about $15.00 Much better than Clymer, Haynes or Chilton and also includes wiring diagrams

Don't waste your money on a Clymer, Haynes or Chilton Manual.
It is well worth the $15.00 just make sure you get the DVD for your year as the seller has different DVD's for different years

This DVD will have the factory wiring diagrams also showing the connector pin layout and location You may find this to be very helpful

OP
OP
M

mikescl11

Reaction score
I would suggest that you get a copy of the

Ford workshop manual on DVD. Can be obtained from seller "morpheousking" on e-bay. Cost about $15.00 Much better than Clymer, Haynes or Chilton and also includes wiring diagrams

Don't waste your money on a Clymer, Haynes or Chilton Manual.
It is well worth the $15.00 just make sure you get the DVD for your year as the seller has different DVD's for different years

This DVD will have the factory wiring diagrams also showing the connector pin layout and location You may find this to be very helpful

says the DVD will only work with windows pc and I have a Mac :/

B

bedrck46

yep you need a windows PC sorry Find a nice cheap laptop the DVD is the Ford Factory manual

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yep you need a windows PC sorry Find a nice cheap laptop the DVD is the Ford Factory manual

Do you by chance have the wiring diagrams for the PATS, etc.? I have seen you post some before but not sure which ones you do and don't have.

Otherwise a Chilton manual would have some wiring diagrams. I can try and scan them from my copy but not sure how well it will turn out.

EDIT: I just looked through them and they do not really cover the systems you need. But that's what 20 bucks gets you. Did the alarm come with instructions on what each of the wires is to match up to?

Last edited:
B

bedrck46

I have al the wiring diagrams for the 1997 thru 2007 models

OP
OP
M

mikescl11

Reaction score
Do you by chance have the wiring diagrams for the PATS, etc.? I have seen you post some before but not sure which ones you do and don't have.

Otherwise a Chilton manual would have some wiring diagrams. I can try and scan them from my copy but not sure how well it will turn out.

EDIT: I just looked through them and they do not really cover the systems you need. But that's what 20 bucks gets you. Did the alarm come with instructions on what each of the wires is to match up to?

the system just came with whats in this link, i understand where some of the wires go and other I'm not 100% on. http://remotelystartedmn.com/admin_files/PDF/C3-RS-730install1.pdf

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I looked through the manual and have a few questions for you.
1) What are you gaining with this system if you already have a remote start installed?
2) How long are the harnesses? Are you going to lengthen any of them?
3) Do you have a dvm or test light?
4) How are you planning on splicing into the existing wires?

If I'm able I'll look at the manual more sometime over the weekend and see what I come up with.
Make all "needed" ground connections to chassis ground. Some of the wires are ground outputs that aren't needed/used.

Last edited:

tojohnso

Full Access Members
Reaction score

He doesn't need to do that. Just get VMWare Fusion and install a copy of windows (not XP as it's not going to be supported by Microsoft).

OP
OP
M

mikescl11

Reaction score
I looked through the manual and have a few questions for you.
1) What are you gaining with this system if you already have a remote start installed?
2) How long are the harnesses? Are you going to lengthen any of them?
3) Do you have a dvm or test light?
4) How are you planning on splicing into the existing wires?

If I'm able I'll look at the manual more sometime over the weekend and see what I come up with.
Make all "needed" ground connections to chassis ground. Some of the wires are ground outputs that aren't needed/used.

1)I'm gaining the alarm/motion sensor, i have neighbor that likes to bump into my car in the past when she parks and then act like nothing happened ( we have cameras and have footage of her doing this) so it'll be nice to stop that plus anyone else trying to mess with the truck.
2) without measuring them id say about 3ft and i'll only lengthen any that don't reach to wherever they need to go.
3)just bought a test light
4)i have some quick splicers that i will either ruse or i will poke a hope in the existing wire and run the alarm wire through that hole

if no one knows the exact wire on the truck that i need for each wire on the alarm then can someone tell me where each wire on the alarm should go, like point me in the right direction and once i know where each wire goes then maybe i can find out which wire it is in the truck.
(Example of what I'm asking: keep in mind i have no clue if what i put below is correct.
3 PIN DOOR LOCK CONNECTOR:
*GREEN WIRE - (-)Lock Pulse (+) Unlock Pulse —> ??? **connect this wire to the + wire on the door lock.
*RED WIRE - Not Used —> ??? **dont connect this wire.
*BLUE WIRE - (-)Unlock Pulse (+) Lock Pulse —> ??? **connect this wire to the + wire on the door unlock.)

thanks