Help me decide on a muffler

Which muffler for 4.6L Expy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lightnig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've never been a fan of either magnaflow nor Flowmaster.

By muff of choice is Dynomax Ultraflows. You have to be careful though, they are very high flow (about as close to a straight pipe as a person can get), and they can have a bad drone if they are oversized for the application. Also, for engines that require back pressure, too large a size will really hurt performance. Sized right they have a nice rumble and will have a nice deep yell at WOT.

MUSKYMAN52

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm running a thrush glasspack with a resonator delete. Nice low yet still loud deep rumble. Can really feel it when driving, my opinion is that thats the best way to go.

BANGEREXPO76

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well he did bolt on the supercharger....

I thought about Flowmasters but after the video Im not so sure. It is a SUV, not a muscle car or Pickup.

I agree I have a Mustang with the Flowmaster setup. And I dont want my Expy sounding like that. I bought a Flowmaster 40 for my truck but never installed. Im now looking for the perfect exhaust and it might be Flowmaster 70 series. Im stilll tore in between tho. :killer:

dj_mindframe_99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have decided to use Borla turbo xl mufflers on my expedition. shorty headers, true duals, X-pipe, and big tips for nice noise.

there's also lots of videos on you tube of guys with first gen 5.4's with multiple setups.
single,dual,cat-delete, w/ w/o headers, 4.6/5.4, etc.

I'm sure anything you pick will sound killer.

p.s. I have a magnaflow cat-back single exhaust bolted on, and it sounded real good for just a bolt on part.

Last edited: