Help with engine, no crank!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nathaniel

Reaction score
I have a 2003 with 4.6, it turns over but doesn't start. I want to check fuses but have no idea where the fuse box is on veh! Please help! I hope it's not my fuel pump, but want to check fuses first. I searched all inside veh and don't see panel for fuses. Any help is appreciated, my veh has never done this before.
Thank you.

BRIANGEE

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sit in the passenger seat and look at your right foot. Fuse box is right there behind the trim - just pull off the small cover panel to reveal it.

BRIANGEE

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do some searching here and you'll find a lot on the fuel pump and relay issues if you're worried about that. First few freebies I would check (after you check the fuses) would be turn key on (engine off) and listen for fuel prime and also go back to the back hatch and press the inertia switch reset a couple of times just in case. In case you don't know where that is it's on the driver side panel in the back rear. Mine has a little twist latch door thingy revealing a large red button.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nathaniel, on top of what the others mentioned, one of the easiest things to do for fuel delivery, is to pull off the large rubber hose that attaches to the throttle body under hood, get a can of starting fluid from auto zone or equivalent store. Open up butterfly window on throttle, give it a good spray, about two seconds worth, and if it starts, then dies, you know your problems fuel, not spark, or something with your engine. Try that and report your findings.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
N

Nathaniel

Reaction score
Ok found fuse box but can't get panel door off. It's like they made this damn thing child-proof LOL. I pushed the fuel switch in rear and nothing. Where would I hear the fuel Prime at to check for it to see if the fuel pump is working?

OP
OP
N

Nathaniel

Reaction score
Okay update got the fuse box cover off now I need to know which fuse is the one or the ones that is associated with the fuel pump or the fuel relays so I know which fuse to look for I really don't want to take the whole fuse box off to check the relay so please help thank you

OP
OP
N

Nathaniel

Reaction score
Just to let y'all know my truck is stuck at a gas station and I only have a limited amount of tools with me so time is of the essence thank you

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you can't get to the fuse box Then go to the drivers side rear and get to the shut off switch

You can check for voltage at that switch But you need to be fast in checking for voltage
Put your meter on one of the wires for the switch and watch the meter while someone turns the key You should see 12 volts for just a few seconds unless the engine starts.

If the engine does not start the 12 volts will drop off. You need to do this to both sides of the switch to make sure the switch is good.

Your problem could be either a bad fuel pump or a bad fuse box
But checking for voltage at the shut of switch will give us a better idea where the problem may be

How many miles on the expy?

OP
OP
N

Nathaniel

Reaction score
This is just an observation or question why in the hell did they put the fuse box where it is? This is the most stupidest place they could ever put a fuse box you have to be a damn contortionist just to look in the mother LOL

OP
OP
N

Nathaniel

Reaction score
And my truck has 173000 miles on it
And I'm by myself so I have no one to help me check stuff

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members