Help!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mammoth

Reaction score
I've got a 00' EB and today I was driving back from the store and all of a sudden my battery light comes on and my gauges, a/c , power windows etc stopped working. I still ran it wasn't over heating I just lost power to those things. I kept hearing weird static noises from the speakers and my gauges would start working intermittently. Once I got home I shut her off and when I started it back up it was fine. Please Help!!!!

RVAEXPEDITION

Reaction score
I would have to say it is your alternator. Mine did that when it went bad on my other Expy. My electronics went haywire and climate control until it finally died on the side of I-81 when it was 10 degrees outside. I got towed to Advance Auto and installed one in the parking lot in about 20 mins for $95. Hope this helps.

AbbadonTD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Alternator

-but is all electronics or just the gauges? if its just the gauges it may just be a bad connector that needs soldering.

OP
OP
M

Mammoth

Reaction score
Thanks RVAEXPEDITION.
No it's more than just the gauges. I was thinking it could be the ECU module. Alternator would be a lot easier situation, lol.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Usually when the ecu craps you are on stuck the side of the road & it doesn't manifest itself in the radio & speakers as static.
Since you had a large electrical issue, I would check the battery by load testing it, check the mega fuse and fusible links and all connections and finally the alternator output voltage. Charging voltage usually ranges between 13.5 to 14.5 volts.

OP
OP
M

Mammoth

Reaction score
So a little update I woke up this morning and The battery is dead. I have an alternator/battery charger/tester after charging the battery I will test the alternator to see if it's bad. I just didn't know if this further confirm that the idea that the alternator is bad.

OP
OP
M

Mammoth

Reaction score
RVAEXPEDITION was correct!!

Tested the alternator and it was bad. Put a new one in and we're roll'in. Thanks again for all the helpful replies