Heres what im buying today. Opinions appreciated pt.ii

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SWADE23

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok folks, I need a quick opinion on a expy. 2000 expy sport (not the EB) 110,000 miles clean carfax. the interior is minty not leather but thats ok with me, exterior is pretty mint except for some rust spots on the metal step up bars but nothing serious. this truck is red, not maroon, RED! Coke can red, I swear Im gonna go to the sticker shop and get 2 big Coca Cola stickers and throw them on the sides of the truck lol. My favorite color (which is kinda why I'm head over heels for this one).

This is the 1st truck I've seen maybe 3 weeks ago when I started looking. Since then I havent found a cleaner truck (except for the one I was gonna buy last week, but it wasnt red). I've seen about a dozen expy's.

When I originally went to check it out at the used car dealer the price on craigslist was 4895. The price on the dealers website was 5395, and the sticker price on the truck was 6600. lol. I went there with 5g's cash thinking that would do it. So after about 20min reasoning with the owner of the lot, the best price he would give me was 5700 tax & dmv fees included. I said no thanks and left. Today I threw him a call asking if his best price has changed he said no. I said look, Ill meet you half way Ill do 5300 flat. After being on hold for about 5min while he did the math he tells me that he isnt happy with that number but if I really want it come and get it.

My question to the board: Is 5300 for the truck I described a good deal???? Would I be an idiot for doing this deal... But I do really Like this truck...

bdvinc02exp

Reaction score
I hate to tell you this but I bought a 2002 EB edition expedition in March for 5900 and it has power everything. It is the complete loaded package 3rd row seat, leather, tv and vcr in console, sunroof, heated mirrors, backup sensors. It is the works and it only had 93k when i bought it. also has the 4.6L engine. I got a good deal I know but over 5 seems kinda steep to me

Catatonic

Reaction score
I paid 3,000 for a 99 Eddie Bauer with 120k.
( I may have said that in your other thread)
I realize my deal was super good but in my area (upstate NY) there are a lot of them in the 3500-4000 range.
I've never seen a bright red one.....Is it a stock color??
If you like it and feel confident then buy it.....It does seem a bit high though.

OP
OP
S

SWADE23

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@ bdvinc02exp - thats a hell of a deal...

@ Catatonic - for the past month i've been looking i've only found expys with 120k miles and up for 5g's. Even the black one I was going to buy last week was 100k miles and was not as clean as the red one. The price is 5300 tax & dmv included. Minus maybe 600 for that stuff and I paid 4700 for the truck. Roundabout. I actually feel that thats right around the average price from the trucks I've already seen. I will throw up pics this morning.

smithrep

Reaction score
last week I got '03 XLT with 98k miles for $8500. Great condition, and has everything but leather (including dvd). I think I would keep looking. I'm glad I did.

Catatonic

Reaction score
@ bdvinc02exp - thats a hell of a deal...

@ Catatonic - for the past month i've been looking i've only found expys with 120k miles and up for 5g's. Even the black one I was going to buy last week was 100k miles and was not as clean as the red one. The price is 5300 tax & dmv included. Minus maybe 600 for that stuff and I paid 4700 for the truck. Roundabout. I actually feel that thats right around the average price from the trucks I've already seen. I will throw up pics this morning.

All said and done thats not a bad price.......especially if its the one you want.