HID conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
X

xb58

Reaction score
Originally posted by AvroAero
Oh, didn't notice your 2nd gen. Most projectors I'd assume aim about the same though because a perfect semi-circle and only be so many shapes. ;)

lmao, smartass :D
in reading up on projectors people claim that they have different quality optics...

OP
OP
X

xb58

Reaction score
Originally posted by 4x4Dude
I'll take a pic of them aiming against a wall. they have a pretty straight cut off just like that pic you posted. I have had them in for quite a while now and yes i blind some people in lower to the ground cars, but i haven't had any po po problems yet lol

thanx bro, would greatly appreciate it

OP
OP
X

xb58

Reaction score
going to post a few... whats your opinions on these?

1. http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/82000064/Images/3/PHL-EXPD-0305-C-JY-P.jpg

number one, the optics look great on the projector, but i dont like the ricey look of the leds and line thingy...

url]

number 2 has a tinted projector, which would be pointless imo with hids

3905542.jpg

three the projector looks good, and no rice

LP-FE03BC-KS.JPG

four is similiar to three, however the projector is flat in the front which would not be good and im pretty sure its completely round in three

5. PRO-KS-FE03-C.jpg

five is my favorite and they even show it on an XP, but I cant tell if the projector is flat in the front or round... what do you guys think?

Last edited:

4x4Dude

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure if its a projector lamp...it's round. that's the whole purpose of them. So if you like #5 go with that. It's finally dark here so i'll take a pic when i get home from work

OP
OP
X

xb58

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure if its a projector lamp...it's round. that's the whole purpose of them. So if you like #5 go with that. It's finally dark here so i'll take a pic when i get home from work

well #4, the bottom pic looks like its flat in the front, and 5 looks to be similiar in style

BTW, my expedition is medium wedgewood blue, if that makes a dif in your opinion....

thanks alot on the pics

4x4Dude

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nah...#4 is round too. You can tell by how the light is reflecting off part of the glass. I don't think I've ever seen an after market projector that is not rounded.

OP
OP
X

xb58

Reaction score
Nah...#4 is round too. You can tell by how the light is reflecting off part of the glass. I don't think I've ever seen an after market projector that is not rounded.

ok, #5 looks as close to stock, so ill prolly try that one, want to do it right, so i should really get projectors of some sort... i will prolly end up putting and oem projector in place of the aftermarket one in that housing anyway

OP
OP
X

xb58

Reaction score
will these all use the stock 9006 bulbs? ive read that a few had to rewire things...