HID high and low beam question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi I have put hid on the 2005 but when using auto headlamp they blink some one have the same problem

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nope...are they blinking...or they blinked when they came on?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Describe the flickering...depending on how cheap they are...you see flickering when they're on...when you lock your truck...they will flick cuz that's what the headlights do...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if they blink then one are both turn off, you need a relay. HIDs pull more current to start. the relay will pull power directly from the battery to give it the extra power it needs to start. im sure thermo will be here soon to answer it in more detail if needed

Last edited:

ZombieSoldier

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wow a lot of questions. Remember the color chart for kelvins in 35watt? When moving up to 50/55 watt setups if you choose 6000k the light will actually be 1 level down so it would look like a 5000k. I don't recommend 50watt kits, just not worth it IMHO. I have run just about every kelvin temperature from 4300k to 10,000k. In my opinion 6000k is the best all around.

If you have a kit that flickers while driving its often due to poor quality Chinese kits, with weak ballasts, an often times a pooe grounding source. A lot of people will add a simple $1.25 capacitor from radioshack to fix the problem. I have done it, but dont like to di that. Don't think all Chinese kits are junk. They aren't. There are 2 companies that I use for my customers needs. 1 is DDM Tuning, the other is 3B Specialties, with the preference of the later of the 2. My reason is it is a lot easier for me to talk to them and tell them the vehicle I'm working with, and what they need and I get a complete all inclusive kit with all relays, capacitors, and or error eliminators built into it, while maintaining OEM harness looks at a great price ( no I don't pay their website prices), and get it shipped overnight to me.

Last edited:

ZombieSoldier

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if they blink then one are both turn off, you need a relay. HIDs pull more current to start. the relay will pull power directly from the battery to give it the extra power it needs to start. im sure thermo will be here soon to answer it in more detail if needed

Chrysler is really bad with this because their computers are designed to instead of send a constant power to the bulbs they send pulses to the bulbs to "extend the life of the bulb" bit when hooking up HID's they require a canbus setup so they can store power for in between the pulses so the don't flicker and trigger a bulb out code on the computer which shows up on their dashes.

ExpyKurt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity... is there any kits that you can but in a store? Like an autozone, pepboys?

BrandonH13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a kit from retro solutions in my accord. Had a problem with the bulbs and they sent me new ones, just had to pay to ship the old ones back. When I get some for the new expedition it will be from the same company probably. DDM is to hard to get ahold of or I would go with them since they are cheap and ok quality.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65