HID's for $35

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whenever you can, swap to clear headlights, and you'll be able to see that much more :)

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks good but get some clear headlights.... here is the difference between clear and non...

100_1303.jpg

OP
OP
N

ninet1gt

Reaction score
yeah that may have to come next. drove with them for the first time tonight and while they make a pretty substantial difference they need to be adjusted up and aren't quite as bright as i thought they would be. Still think it's a no brainer purchase for $35 (since a pair of silverstars are $40). I'll let ya know once i get them adjusted how they are.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There should be a headlight aiming guide in your owners manual. If not, there's plenty on line.

What color temperature did you get?

dougmcp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
6000k. didnt want real blue blue stuff.
A couple of reasons they're not as bright as you may have expected is because:
- The original lenses are designed for a regular bulb, not HIDs and the focal point is different.
- The lense is diffusing, HIDs use clear lenses.
- The color temperature is 6000K, 4300K is the brightest and the same as factory HIDs.

_brightness.jpg

Last edited:

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A couple of reasons they're not as bright as you may have expected is because:
- The original lenses are designed for a regular bulb, not HIDs and the focal point is different.
- The lense is diffusing, HIDs use clear lenses.
- The color temperature is 6000K, 4300K is the brightest and the same as factory HIDs.

_brightness.jpg

Trust me its an ever loosing battle