Help CM chose new Headlight \ Foglight housings and HIDs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

Captain Morgan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OP
OP
C

Captain Morgan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Any final opinions on the light housings? The HIDs?

I got an itchy trigger finger today . . . ready to click click click.

THX

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i think the last ones you put up would look good.

JTKustoms

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I do like the black lightning style ones you put up, but those hids seem really expensive...i'd look into ddm tuning if I were you. I've gotten a bunch of sets from them for my truck and other peoples cars and haven't had any issues, plus they have a lifetime warranty they say

OP
OP
C

Captain Morgan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks everyone!

I edited this to reflect that I'm going to stick with the halogens and not deal with hassles with the cops. I'll put the old spots on and maybe some HIDs in the fogs or use the DRL to switch them etc.

Last edited:

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Why would you get hassled by the cops??
I have HID and with them pointed correctly I never have issues.
I think people don't point there lights after installing new housings and that's more the problem.
I have lighting housing in mine, and have driven in front of it ( wife's vibe) no more glare than regular Expy.

OP
OP
C

Captain Morgan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Last edited:

Razor

Reaction score
Hey Captian,

I went through everything that you have over the last couple of weeks and decided to stay with the stock lighting. My problem was that the headlights were very hazy. So I finally opted for replacement headlights (came with new bulbs) and parking lights as a set and couldn't be happier... it's like brand new!!! What a deference!!!!

I bought the replacement headlights and signals from 1aauto.com for $60.00. 1997 - 2002 Ford Expedition Headlight & Parking Light (Set of 4 ) at 1AAuto.com Heck, it was going to cost me more than this for one headlight lens from the dealer and it didn't even come with a new bulb... now I have two spare bulbs as well.

If i can't see with the new lights i just turn the 40" Led bar on (haven't had to yet) and it's like day time...

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Captain Morgan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I like those, very clean and bright and if your housings are as fuzzy as mine then I know it's a 100% improvement.

I finally just said the hell with it and went with the 97-02 03 FORD F150 EXPEDITION HEADLIGHTS+SMOKE CORNER headlights

This is a sort of blend of features I like and although LEDs are supposed to last long, if they ever DID go out it would be a PITA to replace so I went basic instead. This set has some reflective material, some black, a smokey look on the side bulb and plenty of silver reflective in the main bulb area. I'll put a bright yellow LED bulb in that for plenty of visibility.

I'm still chomping at the bit about those Dual Bi-Xenon HID Kit 35Wx2 Hi\Low . . . .