Help CM chose new Headlight \ Foglight housings and HIDs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Captain Morgan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello again,

I've read the headlight and HID threads and searched ebay till I fell asleep in my chair. twice.

I'm tired of trying to pull together something that's still a manly-man light housings and HID kits. In general, I would like to purchase replacement housings with clear lenses (not smoked), not HALO, not chrome, LED turn indicators are preferred, HID a must. I currently have no housings for fog lamps and would like to put HIDs in them too if possible.

I also need HID kits and not picky about the re-seller or if it is slim etc, just quality and warranty.

ZombieSoldier sent me some good links and I am open to those vendors and HID kits, but still can't make up my mind.

Can you offer your opinions and feedback to some items I'm considering, and maybe post some that you have and like?

Thanks in advance, I really want to wrap this up and be done with it in the next week. I'll post pics of the final product so others can see what it looks like to make a choice.

These are examples of what I like so far:

1) Crystal Headlight, Black - HID possible?? - LED bulb turn indicator + LEDs

2) LED DRL BLACK HOUSING OE HEADLIGHTS+CORNER LIGHTS PAIR

3) EURO CLEAR LENS BLACK HEADLIGHTS SVT STYLE CORNER 4 PIECES

4) EXPEDITION LED HEADLIGHTS+LED CORNER+DRL LIGHTS - not a fan of the chrome on this.

5) Crystal Headlights W/ Clear LED Corners Black

Last edited:

Big Red Monster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
how about lighting headlights, thats what I have, its hard finding good non chrome headlights for our year trucks

OP
OP
C

Captain Morgan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've seen the references in THIS THREAD and in THIS THREAD but I must be especially dense because I can't seem to find a part called "lighting headlights".

Is there a url or part number for what you refer to?

TIA

OP
OP
C

Captain Morgan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
LOL Thx for the ZING!

I have that bookmarked and is at least doable and probably will take an HID and probably a lot less complicated than the black HALO CCFL Projector LED lights that I've been looking at.

98EXeb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would go with these....#3-EURO CLEAR LENS BLACK HEADLIGHTS SVT STYLE CORNER 4 PIECES

These are the exact set I was eyeing.......my headlights need replacing as well.

Big Red Monster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i would order those lights now Captain, he has them at a better price then what i payed in january, i payed like 110 five months ago

OP
OP
C

Captain Morgan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm a bit rethinking my strategy . .

My vehicle is not Canadian and even if I had DRL capability, it doesn't matter because I'm the one person that drives with the headlights on, full time no exceptions. - Don't need DRL.

I aim to see and be seen and I want enough light to always be noticed.

I'm looking at HID projector lights and I see that you can use HID and BiXenon with them, but what about that "other" light socket? The one that's supposed to still be halogen. I don't effin want Halogen.

Can you put another HID in there?

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
cm on the 1st gen there are only 2 light sockets headlight and turn signal. If you want something other than a normal amber turn signal look up led switchback turn signals.

OP
OP
C

Captain Morgan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thx Tallsville,

I saw a really boss looking rig on utube with 2 HID projectors in each housing (4 total) and the switchback turn signals. It was from a custom shop in CA.