Hooking up a sound system, help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98expy

Reaction score
i bolted my ground through the body and into the chassis passenger side right where the floor steps up thats gonna be your best bet for ground.

OP
OP
Explor2Exped

Explor2Exped

Full Access Members
Reaction score
heres whats the easiest to do. get a new deck!!! that will help a lot! then on the driver side of the firewall theres a big grommet that you can push the cable threw. all my wires go threw there. the new deck will allow you to run rcas and the remote cable with out haveing to buy other stuff. it will help a lot and money in the long run. i would use at least 4 gauge if not 0 gauge cable. and i mean real. dont go cheap like i did. what amp you trying to run? 1200 watt. i would do 4 gauge, but you will hear a difference with the 0 gauge. i only have an 8 gauge cable right now to my amp, and im saving up for the kicker 0 gauge kit. i also have 10 gauge speaker cables. haha i ground my amp to the middle seat. i undo a few bolts slide it between the plate and floor and bolt it back down. ill take some pics for you.

Thanks man. I'm running just two 600's. I dunno much at all about the sub world or the hook ups & stuff. (actually I don't know anything about this)

I don't have much for a budget either. What will $100 on a stereo get me that will handle those subs. Preferably from Amazon because I do a lot of ordering from there.

It doesn't have to be anything spectacular just something that will push the subs. I do like the blue light up instead of the cheaper looking lighting.

Petrini

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I ran my wire up thru the antenna hole in the pass side kick panel and throught the fender into the engine compartment. Seemed to be the easiest solution for me

JDMitchell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks man. I'm running just two 600's. I dunno much at all about the sub world or the hook ups & stuff. (actually I don't know anything about this)

I don't have much for a budget either. What will $100 on a stereo get me that will handle those subs. Preferably from Amazon because I do a lot of ordering from there.

It doesn't have to be anything spectacular just something that will push the subs. I do like the blue light up instead of the cheaper looking lighting.

You want suggestions for a head unit or amps?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
technically you cant...but theres an adapter/converter that you'll have to buy...maybe $15-$20 from walmart/bestbuy/any install shop/ebay for less...connect it to you speaker wires then plug in the rca's to it and run them to the amp...

IMG00107-20110417-2206-2.jpg

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is how i hooked up my wifes system before i put in her pioneer pvh-4000...once i install her pioneer AVIC-D3...the rca's will go straight to HU...

Racenut

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That connector hooks up to the factory rear door speaker wires to get the signal it needs for the rca's.

If you where to leave in the factory HU you could go that way but the stock Ford stereo's actually " cut " the bass out as the volume goes up to keep from blowing the speakers.

In other words you would not be happy with the sound!

I would recomend something like this :

http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-DEH-P5200HD-Receiver-Direct-Control/dp/B0039YXNVC/ref=dp_return_2?ie=UTF8&n=172282&s=electronics

I have always been a Pioneer fan. They have great sound quality and have plenty of conectivity options.