Horizontal headlight adjustment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Franklin Jones

Reaction score
Good morning all!

After switching out my headlight bulbs this weekend, it’s apparent the right side headlight needs a horizontal adjustment. It shines far off to the right, illuminating the sidewalk more than the street and leaving a dark spot right in my path of travel.

This was true with the old bulbs as well, just more obvious now that I actually have decent light output.

The owners manual clearly states that there is no horizontal adjustment… but surely some of you have had this issue and found a way to make that adjustment.

Anyone have any advice on how to adjust the unadjustable?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good morning all!

After switching out my headlight bulbs this weekend, it’s apparent the right side headlight needs a horizontal adjustment. It shines far off to the right, illuminating the sidewalk more than the street and leaving a dark spot right in my path of travel.

This was true with the old bulbs as well, just more obvious now that I actually have decent light output.

The owners manual clearly states that there is no horizontal adjustment… but surely some of you have had this issue and found a way to make that adjustment.

Anyone have any advice on how to adjust the unadjustable?

Front end ever damaged or repaired? Are you sure you reinstalled the lamp assembly correctly, with the rear of the assembly fully seating in opening?

OP
OP
Franklin Jones

Franklin Jones

Reaction score
No repairs I know of. Possible before I bought it of course, but there’s no tell-tale signs of damage.
Yes, bulb is fully seated.

Cyclone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
make sure you don't have a double gasket situation where the old gasket remained on the housing and your new bulb had a gasket on it.

Also try to make sure that the housing is pointing correctly.

Motorcity muscle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The right headlight is removed to service the windshield washer pump. Wonder if you can tweak the outer mount point for headlight by pushing it out or forward, bet it will not take much.