How About a 2015 to present thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
The forum can be broken into as many as they need but I think its more important for members to post year and model. I've read 100's of threads and unfortunately half the time I have No idea what year or model that are talking about even if it is in the correct section. With so many minor changes from year to year I feel it should be put in the members hands to provide info if they want accurate information rather than giving the admins another section to watch. Just my opinion

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Most ford dealers will bring a navi in for you to compare to an expy if you are a serious buyer

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
that sounds like an interesting idea, i may look into that. has anyone already compared the two? the pickings with these vehicles are slim, no gm for me, the nissans are ugly, so probably cross shopping it with xc90 and cx9. does anyone have an experience with these trucks already and have pros and cons as related to the 07 to 14?

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think that the only differences will be superficial as in trim levels, finishes etc between the Lincoln and Ford Expy. When I went shopping in last November, I glanced at the Navigators sitting in a row but didn't like the "look" of it so I never walked over to see the inside of the new ones on the lot.

I used to think there was a difference in the suspension package but according to the PDF manuals I have for the earlier years, I was wrong.

I've seen the pics of the '18 Expy and it's pretty slick looking but I'm VERY happy with my '17 ......and this is my third Expedition. The nicer suspension package found on the Platinum did ride better than my Limited but I made that decision when I bought this one and don't regret it.

To each his or her own but I could not stand having LED's for the fog lights but Halogens for the headlights. They didn't match and looked dumb to me so I swapped out the bulbs and installed LED's for the headlights and the grand total cost was 26 bucks and I LOVE how it looks now! That's the only thing in 5,500 miles that I've found that I didn't like, and it was changeable!

Good luck DL with whatever you choose!

jeff

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
man how are everybody seeing this thing lol. i just looked em uo, there are none in the immediate area from me. signs...lol on another note the 18 mustang was just revealed.

OP
OP

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I believe the only differences in the new Nav and Expy are the exterior and interior. Exterior of the Nav will get you the LED headlights, running lights and tail lights. Interior will be a little nicer with different leather and what not. Layout is the same I believe. As far as powertrain, drivetrain and suspension. Its the exact same as the Expedition.

As far as the 2018 goes there are no official pictures only spy shots. From what I've seen I'm not sold on the way it looks. Not that I would be in the market for one anyways since I just bought my 17 a few months ago.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i thought there would be a difference since my 09 nav drives different from comp expys. i thought the base suspension in the 15+ would be a bit softer than an expy. im rele interested in seeing the interior design of the 18+ models as that what needs the nost over haul, adding more people room and updating the dash.

OP
OP

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anybody on here with an Ecoboost done any tuning on it? I see some places out there making big numbers with tuning and curious if anybody has any real world results? I'd like to gain some more hp/tq especially when towing.

d21burggraf

Reaction score
I agree and like the idea of a 2015+ sub-forum as well!!

Also, very curious about tuning for the Ecoboost in my 2016 Expedition. Anyone done it yet??