How to remove Stereo head unit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SNOWZ

Reaction score
2004 EXY AUDIOPHILE........

I had the same prob on my 04 Exy w/ indash cd changer (Audiophile series)......purchased a new Alpine 9856 w/ Ipod Smartdrive, $229.00 from Crutchfield. Definately the way to go. I couldn't find and Ipod interface that worked w/ the in-dash cd changer. If anyone's interested in how this turns out I'll take pics

Chesterfoxes

Reaction score
I've been looking at adding Serius to my 2004 Expy audiophile radio but am frustated by the fact that the radio is designed such that you can't run the dual play feature with the SAT and DVD together - it can only handle one external source at a time. I guess nobody at Ford figured you'd want to run both the SAT and DVD at the same time on long trips. None of their design engineers have kids, I guess. (They also must have an extra joint between their elbow and wrist, given the location of the oil filter.)

The FM modulator option is there (you could run both the FM radio and DVD in dual mode) but on long trips, you'd always be changing the FM frequency to avoid commercial radio station signals. On the east coast, its seems like it happens every 20 minutes.

Has anyone figured a way around the dual play problem and can any of the aftermarket head units operate in dual mode running SAT and DVD?

Thanks,

Paul