Hunting for an Expy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimmyv13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey all...I've been reading a little when I can on here, it's not as busy as I had hope so I didn't register....but, after reading a few threads, this seems like a pretty decent community with quite a bit of good info.

I'm in search of an Expy to replace my '04 F150 SC FX4. Our family is growing and the truck has suddenly become too small. The wife likes the Expedition and I'd rather have the diesel Excursion, but due finding very few Excursions to choose from, I have included the Expedition in my search. I've driven 2 '07's one an EL Limited and one reg Limited. Both are very nice, but just a bit out of what I want toi spend a month. Both were very low mileage vehicles, so I'm trying to stay with the '07's, but maybe get a few more miles to get the price down to something I can afford.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Are the '07's worthy of their price? I've found quite a few '06 EB's and Limited's, but I really like the looks of the '07's.

Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
are you looking for 4x4 or 4x2? what level do you want to get? how much are you willing to spend? around where i live 07 Expys that are XLT with like 30k miles are going under 20k there are also limited that have about 40k on them that go for about 25k

OP
OP
J

jimmyv13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I guess I did leave out a few key points...duh.

4x4 is a must for my lifestyle
I'd like the EL body, but not completely necessary
all I honestly care about is towing package, leather and a moonroof....nav, backup sensors, power fold seats, etc all the pretty things are nice, but not necessary in my eyes(my wife thinks differently)
I'd like to stay under 25K
If I could find a limited for 25K with that few miles around here, I'd be driving it right now.

I've got 4 Ford dealers within a 50 mile radius looking for vehicles for me, we'll see what they find.

Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i think you could find a XLT with 4x4 tow package leather and moonroof.. all the other stuff i think is on eddie bauers and higher trim levels, the only advise i can give is just wait for the the vehicle you want, you could also check online on sites like autotrader.com

OP
OP
J

jimmyv13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I spend some time everyday on craigslist and autotrader...

I am waiting for the perfect vehicle, but it's getting frustrating. One dealer that is looking for me is going to an auction tomorrow and is calling me with what they bring back. I am hoping for the best...

OP
OP
J

jimmyv13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The dealer called with an '06 Navigator. I'm not too overly thrilled as I've heard those things have terrible issues with the self leveling system especially if the vehicle has been used for towing.

I drove this the other day:

12935558917.267527068.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

Asking $27,8xx with 55K miles, but the color is doing absolutely NOTHING for me.

My quest continues...

Last edited:

Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
like i said that truck looks good

how much are they asking for the navigator ?? how many miles ??

OP
OP
J

jimmyv13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I haven't seen it yet, I'm going tomorrow afternoon to give it a once over. IIRC, it has around 30K miles and with $4K down(they're giving me $17K for my truck and I owe $13K), payments will be under $450. I'm fairly certain I will like it, but I am very scared of that POS suspension thing.

davesexplorer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The dealer called with an '06 Navigator. I'm not too overly thrilled as I've heard those things have terrible issues with the self leveling system especially if the vehicle has been used for towing.

I drove this the other day:

12935558917.267527068.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

Asking $27,8xx with 55K miles, but the color is doing absolutely NOTHING for me.

My quest continues...

Drool... love the color. Different strokes for different folks I guess. I would think you could do better than that with 55k miles on it. I know it's not exactly apples to apples but I bought my 2003 in 2005 with 33k miles for about $16,000. I would think you would be able to get one like that for around $23,000 or less ??

OP
OP
J

jimmyv13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wish...05 or 06 maybe, but definitely not an 07. Even an 07 XLT is $25K around here.

The Navigator wasn't back from the detail shop, so we didn't get a chance to check it out, but I really feel it will be too small for our needs.

We drove an '08 EL XLT yesterday and made the decision that the EL is definitely the body we want, but there are not enough options on the XLT for us.

I've got an appointment tomorrow afternoon to drive an '07 EB EL that is completely loaded with 44K miles for $29,995....it has 18" wheels, but I can get the 20's from a Limited if I want them(extra charge of course) and I don't know if it has power fold mirrors or not. Both are things I can add at a later date if I desire to do so and it has everything else.

12815094079.267042224.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

It will be a little more than I am paying for my truck now, but it will be worth it and I'll just have to make a couple of cuts in the budget here and there for a bit. The wife's Saturn will be paid off in 3 months and we will be fine after that.