Hvac problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hey all, well got my A/C fixed today and it is working good..

but now there is another problem..

at idel the air comes out the vents like it is suppose to but under moderated to hard acceleration it goes up to the defrost then when you let out of it, it slowly... returns to the vents...

also when i turn the key on after sitting it is always blowing out the defrost no matter what setting until it idels for a bit

any ideas on where to look??

TIA

tmajikman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check vacuum that comes from the intake and goes to the ac controls, make sure you are pulling enough vacuum from the intake, use a vacuum guage, also make sure the vacuum tree at the controls are tight and are not leaking

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
also look at the vacuume line that goes from the PVC line to the intake I just did one yesterday on a friends truck 03 120000 miles hole in it

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
someone had a problem like this before and I posted some links to where to look for holes in the vac lines

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my sig is magic...lol... but I will look for the links was on this site....

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
kwt2000-1.jpg

OP
OP
KWT2000

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thanks bud, i will check it out this weekend and let you all know and take pictures..

this will be a tinkering weekend, i got pulled over for front plate no visible and no rear mud flaps

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i got pulled over for front plate no visible and no rear mud flaps

that is just plain GAY!!!! I can see the plate issue but no mud flaps... don't follow so close... glad it isn't a prob in NY.... but the plate issue is the same...