Intermittent Missing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Jackmldog

Jackmldog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Seafoamed it a week ago. Just replaced the pcv and it did have a small hole but it's still missing a little here an there. I'm pointing my finger at either the injectors or the fuel filter. Is the filter hard to replace? Maybe you could give me some steps?

04DrBlur

Reaction score
Fuel filter is extremely easy to replace. Ask the auto part store if they rent a fuel filter removal tool. Makes the job a 5 minute job. Filter should be on the driver side frame rail right by the rear door.

OP
OP
Jackmldog

Jackmldog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Fuel filter was soooo much fun to replace.. I got the removal tool and got back home... got under there after pulling the fuel pump fuse and getting the pressure out. Started to undo the lines and they were rusted on which broke the removal tool in half :mad: ... finally got it off and it was full with this black shit. i'm hoping that was my problem.. But it's probably the injectors my luck. Found a set of 8 on ebay for $100, think its worth it?

seeker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
fuel filter replacement

is a fairly easy job. Two points to bring up. One, wear eye protection. Two remove gas cap to relieve gas pressure. Yep. Learn from your mistakes and pass it on.
I replaced the fuel filter after that last gas supply shortage. A lot of stations were stirring up the bottoms of their tanks and i didn't want to take a chance of fowling the injectors with debris.