Is there a hole in my gas tank or what!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

captain chaos

Reaction score
Don't buy in to the myth.

By overinflating you:
-decrease ride comfort
-decrease the life of the tire
-increase braking distance
-may (may) pick up 1% -2% mileage (but probably not)

http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/news/4199963

http://www.caranddriver.com/feature...s_properly_but_beware_of_overinflation_page_5

This is the kind of mis-information that spreads like wildfire on the internet. The next thing I'll be reading here is that some of you are putting magnets on your fuel line to increase mileage.

I'm not going to start my stay on this forum by getting into a bickering match right off the bat.
I'm sorry but 1 test with a Honda fit (running narrow tires, driven on 2 different days and filling up at 2 different stations in 2 different states) and a very generalized caution by a tire manufacturer that was involved with probably THE biggest tire lawsuit ever (Firestone) isn't enough to convince me 100% that there is no benefit to running a higher pressure. I will probably experiment on my own and draw my own conclusions from there. For the time being my tires will stay were they are and I will respectfully disagree with your opinion.

The magnents are based on 100% crap science though, I'll give you that.

Last edited:

OokeyIkky

Full Access Members
Reaction score
"The next thing I'll be reading here is that some of you are putting magnets on your fuel line to increase mileage."

That only works if your fuel lines are aluminum. :p

Big Red Monster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
try running 100 octane gas and tell me how your mileage changes lol. yes the gas station I work for, well our partner station in bensenville anyways has 100 octane fuel, ran about 2 gallons the other day and noticed a slight change in power lol

alaskanexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i'm sorry i have to giggle every time one of these posts comes up. my expedition is more of my economy truck :p hell i'm happy if i see anything in the double digits w/my excursion so 10-12 w/the expy makes me giddy like a school girl. but the other thing is i dont know the meaning of driving easy...put it too the floor is my motto!

honestly i dont think your doing too bad, 12.5 and 15.5 sound amazing to me. it also depends alot on where you drive, how you drive..ect ect same exact truck could get 3mpg less or more just by constant hills.

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I run it because the michelins I have had a saggy sidewall for a certain production year so I run those two at 42-44 and the revised ones I have at around 40

outkast

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the 2000, 5.4 4x4....blah blah.

Ive owned it for 2+ years now.
12.3 in town 15.5 hwy....always after exhaust, k&n slip in, all types of gas....its still 12.3 & 15.5

bought a used edge juice off craigslist for 125$ and on economy mode, i got 14.8 in town after two weeks. I was absolutly amazed. I can only hope that the POS that took it from my dash while I was at family video enjoys it as much as I did...now I need another one.

BTW you lose fuel mileage in the winter because of the winter formula of gas. dont believe me, go south, fill up, then go back north and be amazed. its not the cold air, the computer can adjust a/f ratios for 120 degrees of temp change. its the fuel, not the air.

get a programmer. and get cool air back in our engine.

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
Outcast, sorry to hear that...its a shame people cant leave shit alone....and the sad part is...they probably thought is was a GPS or something and once they find out they cant do nothing with it...they will be pissed....Check with NC Expy or panda on this site...one of them have one for sale...I love mine...again, sorry for the bad luck...

outkast

Full Access Members
Reaction score
its all good, I was an a$$ hole when I was younger, so I figure every once in a while God reminds me what I did.

another will come along sooner or later.

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
Karma Baby....Karma, it always come back around.....it may take a while and you may never see it, but it happens...