JLT Oil Seperator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
Would running a higher octane fuel help any? I run 87 now but will switch if there are more pros than cons. A lot of you guys/girls on here running 93?

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I only run 93 in mine. Ive run 87 once and could tell without a doubt a drop in performance and gas mileage

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Direct injection doesn't squirt fuel on the backs of the intake valves. 87 or 93 it still doesn't squirt fuel on the backs of the intake valves. Nor does dumping something in the fuel tank.

-- Chuck

The product J ski posted is not put into the fuel tank. You spray it directly into the intake and it sprays over and runs through the valves as it runs cleaning them. Seems kosher to me.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure the dealers have a procedure to clean the valves and gum out. Not sure how the solvent would damage a turbo.
There is no official Ford procedure to clean out the back of the valves. My dealer says they have a way to do it and I asked them if it takes out the turbo is that covered under warranty and they just shrugged.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Noted. I was addressing the fuel used makes no difference in cleaning the valves. Nor anything dumped in the fuel tank.

-- Chuck

You are absolutely correct there. No fuel or additive changes that, although some will tell you they will rebuild and better your whole engine as your drive lol. It looks like lots of owners use this product on DI turbo engines upon looking into it from many makers. Ford saying “solvents will ruin your turbos” sounds untrue. Are their turbos magically susceptible to damage from solvents every 10-15k Miles any more so than the competition? I’m going to say no,

Last edited:

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are absolutely correct there. No fuel or additive changes that, although some will tell you they will rebuild and better your whole engine as your drive lol. It looks like lots of owners use this product on DI turbo engines upon looking into it from many makers. Ford saying “solvents will ruin your turbos” sounds untrue. Are their turbos magically susceptible to damage from solvents every 10-15k Miles any more so than the competition? I’m going to say no,
I watched one of the Fordtechmakuloco videos and he was saying that burning solvent through the intake makes the exhaust gas temp significantly higher which can evaporate the oil from the bearings faster than it can be replaced which causes bearing failure which can take out the turbo. If I can find the video I will post it here.

Starting about 40 seconds.

Last edited: