JLT Oil Seperator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I installed the JLT oil separator last night on my 17 Expy. I have one on my 2013 Mustang GT and was amazed at how much oil is collected between oil changes.

Knowing the 3.5 Ecoboost uses direct injection, the injector never washes off the intake valves with atomized gasoline so carbon buildup is inevitable.

I had to play around with the hoses so the engine cover would properly fit but it worked out well. Here are some pics of the install. As you can see the JLT rubber hoses need to run underneath the wiring harness that has the aluminum heat wrap on it.

The part number is 3016P and it is the same one used for the 2017 F150's.

View attachment 21945

View attachment 21947

IMG_0304.jpg

IMG_0308.jpg

OP
OP
NASCAR Mike

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Members
Reaction score

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
I installed the JLT oil separator last night on my 17 Expy. I have one on my 2013 Mustang GT and was amazed at how much oil is collected between oil changes.

Knowing the 3.5 Ecoboost uses direct injection, the injector never washes off the intake valves with atomized gasoline so carbon buildup is inevitable.

I had to play around with the hoses so the engine cover would properly fit but it worked out well. Here are some pics of the install. As you can see the JLT rubber hoses need to run underneath the wiring harness that has the aluminum heat wrap on it.

The part number is 3016P and it is the same one used for the 2017 F150's.

View attachment 21945

View attachment 21947

View attachment 21955

View attachment 21956
There goes any and all warranty coverages...I know several people who have done this to their ecoboosts where I live and they have all been denied warranty coverage for their new vehicles. Good luck

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There goes any and all warranty coverages...I know several people who have done this to their ecoboosts where I live and they have all been denied warranty coverage for their new vehicles. Good luck

This is the reason I'm holding back on doing the mod.

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
This is the reason I'm holding back on doing the mod.
I’ll do that when my base and extended warranties are finished. Until then, proper maintenance and regular oil changes and not doggin the $hit out of her should keep her healthy

ads245

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's an oil separator lol. It's not going to hurt your warranty unless you have a dealer that plays hardball. If that's the case and for piece of mind for all those gung-ho about losing the warranty -- if you have to bring it in for warranty work, spend the 5 min and take it off.

OP
OP
NASCAR Mike

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My dealer is very good. When I had my 2005 Ford Excursion with 6.0 diesel, they installed my EGR delete kit because they knew that the EGR's were killing the engines.

If I have any kind of issue, I can remove the oil separator in less than 15 minutes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luketravis