Just spent $4,000 on a new audio system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you get 5x7s in all the doors? I did 5x7s up front and 6x9s on the rear sounds pretty good.

Yeah 5x7's in all the doors.. I wanted 6x9's for better bass but the installer said the Hertz 6x9's would be too deep (hitting the power window) and would need custom pods.

blacklow

Full Access Members
Reaction score
not trying to be a ass, but u got the ******* riped off big time. i get high energy herts componet speakers (which is speakers, tweeters and crossovers) for $125.00, so some hert high energy 5x7 are way cheaper.
the pioneer amp, even if you got a 1500 watt 4 channel amp, there only like $100.00. the headunit is almost about the same price around $800-900 dollars, back up camera, i use to sell the night/day led back up camera for $50 dollars, u can get them on ebay for like $15-$20 dollars. cables are kind of expensive so 100 to 150 is ok. installation and taxes very by diffrent shops, but thats a lot of money what they charged u.

blacklow

Full Access Members
Reaction score
and i just notice u live in CALI, all the stuff is really cheap over there, i use to get all my audio equipment form cali when i had my audio shop in florida.

OP
OP
S

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
not trying to be a ass, but u got the ******* riped off big time. i get high energy herts componet speakers (which is speakers, tweeters and crossovers) for $125.00, so some hert high energy 5x7 are way cheaper.
the pioneer amp, even if you got a 1500 watt 4 channel amp, there only like $100.00. the headunit is almost about the same price around $800-900 dollars, back up camera, i use to sell the night/day led back up camera for $50 dollars, u can get them on ebay for like $15-$20 dollars. cables are kind of expensive so 100 to 150 is ok. installation and taxes very by diffrent shops, but thats a lot of money what they charged u.

haha I know I got ripped off... I said in the first line of my post I probably paid twice what I should have (maybe even more than twice). When it takes you a hour to drive 5 miles(insane LA traffic)... it kind of limits the options for installers. Plus this guy will replace anything down to the fuses for free within the next 3 years.. that's worth a lot to me. I leave my house at 7am and don't get home until 8pm from work so I don't really have a lot of free time to do things myself or shop around.

OP
OP
S

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I went back and told him basically what you said and of course he tried to justify his pricing, but I got him to throw in a red top optima battery for free and retint all the windows for half price with ceramic tint. The ceramic tint is pretty impressive, it doesn't let any heat through at all. He did a demostration with a heat lamp and regular tint vs ceramic tint. The regular tint felt like you there was nothing between my hand and the heat lamp, the ceramic tint you can barely feel any heat at all.

rmzsuzuki89

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I went back and told him basically what you said and of course he tried to justify his pricing, but I got him to throw in a red top optima battery for free and retint all the windows for half price with ceramic tint. The ceramic tint is pretty impressive, it doesn't let any heat through at all. He did a demostration with a heat lamp and regular tint vs ceramic tint. The regular tint felt like you there was nothing between my hand and the heat lamp, the ceramic tint you can barely feel any heat at all.

Could you please provide info on said tint, and pics.:D Also what is the pricing on it, I'm a lil interested in it now lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1