Just Upgraded to a 2017 EL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ExpeditionAndy

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I kind of think the term "ecoboost" is used by Ford Marketing to cater to the earth muffin crowd and is somewhat silly. I wanted it off my new Expy. I mean with the little green leaf... give me a stinkin' break!!
LOL! I pulled the dealer name off mine the day I got it home. I think I'll leave the EcoBoost sticker on just so some tree hugger thinks it a hybrid and leaves it alone. :)

NevadaGeo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
LOL! I pulled the dealer name off mine the day I got it home. I think I'll leave the EcoBoost sticker on just so some tree hugger thinks it a hybrid and leaves it alone. :)

Good point on the tree hugger leaving it alone. Seems like the love-in protest crowd nowadays is the least tolerant for other people's values. Don't know where this bitterness comes from, but it is strong in the "entitled" class of youngins'.

Yep, the dealer badge was FIRST to come off. I have told other dealers that I would charge $50/month to use my vehicle for their advertising. I don't think they were all that amused...

OP
OP
ExpeditionAndy

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have made that same deal only my rate was $100 per month. They were not amused. Must have heard that one before. :)

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My dealer treats me well, and so I have no issue. No badge on mine, just a small decal.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yup, small decal only on the back of mine as well....I've got no issue with it.

I also got the two fender emblems and the metal rear....after seeing the ones Nev had, I ordered them all within the hour<LOL>:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/172303470307?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

&

http://www.ebay.com/itm/182403953591?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I'll put the emblems on once I've had a chance to wash my truck!

I did get the oil changed Friday on the way home. I saw that traffic was jammed for an accident on the one road leading out to the peninsula where I live so knowing that I had a new filter and a six pack of oil in the "wayback", I took a detour & stopped on the way home. The local "Grease & Go" is nice enough to do it using my Mobil 1 and my oil filter....for 32 or 33 bucks...well worth it to me since doing it without a lift or trench to walk in is a messy job now with all the underpanels and access panels. I sure don't mind them charging my for their time...no fuss, no muss....

I took my sweetheart indoor skydiving over the weekend for her birthday....good fun! Highly recommended!

jeff

_597554.JPG

_597566.JPG

Last edited:

NevadaGeo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did get the oil changed Friday on the way home. I saw that traffic was jammed for an accident on the one road leading out to the peninsula where I live so knowing that I had a new filter and a six pack of oil in the "wayback", I took a detour & stopped on the way home. The local "Grease & Go" is nice enough to do it using my Mobil 1 and my oil filter....for 32 or 33 bucks...well worth it to me since doing it without a lift or trench to walk in is a messy job now with all the underpanels and access panels. I sure don't mind them charging my for their time...no fuss, no muss....

I took my sweetheart indoor skydiving over the weekend for her birthday....good fun! Highly recommended!

INDOOR skydiving???!!! Wow, rural living does have SOME drawbacks!!:popcorn:[/QUOTE]

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yup, I'd heard of Indoor skydiving before but had no idea there was a place barely 40 minutes from my house! Iflyworld.com(none in Nevada but they are in AZ, CO & Calif and a bunch of other places too)...and they have places all over so you might not be too far from one.

I came close many years ago to being talked into real skydiving (jumping with an instructor) from a guy that worked for me who also was an instructor.....but having 3 small children at home....it was one of those times where you bring something up to your wife who gives you a flat out "no" meaning end of discussion....married guys know that look you get....and I knew that she was right and didn't do it....and now I've grown too much "self-preservation" to jump from a plane but this was very cool and no chance of getting splatted on the ground.

It's kind of funny how when I was 19 I would ride a race bike at 160-180mph without a thought of getting hurt but now, anything over 105 or so and all I can think of is "what if"<LOL>...yes, we grow more & more "self-preservation" as we get older...at least I sure have.

jeff

OP
OP
ExpeditionAndy

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup, small decal only on the back of mine as well....I've got no issue with it.

I also got the two fender emblems and the metal rear....after seeing the ones Nev had, I ordered them all within the hour<LOL>:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/172303470307?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

&

http://www.ebay.com/itm/182403953591?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I'll put the emblems on once I've had a chance to wash my truck!

jeff

View attachment 19864

View attachment 19865
That second picture reminds me of the line from Space Cowboys. "That sure will take the wrinkles out."