Just Upgraded to a 2017 EL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EX-excursion

Reaction score
Where did you get your molded mud flaps?
Hey Andy, I got them from Husky- believe that or not- ordered off their site. I am happy- they fit like a glove, INCLUDING around the front running board area. Match the body perfectly for curvature and they gave great hardware too....VERY solid. Sorry the pictures suck- wish i had a side shot.. 111.jpg 11.jpg

OP
OP
ExpeditionAndy

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Andy, I got them from Husky- believe that or not- ordered off their site. I am happy- they fit like a glove, INCLUDING around the front running board area. Match the body perfectly for curvature and they gave great hardware too....VERY solid. Sorry the pictures suck- wish i had a side shot.. View attachment 19366 View attachment 19365
Thanks, they look great! I wonder if they will work with power running boards.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For those with power boards take a look at DuraFlap site

Are those the "2007 - Current Expeditions" model flaps? I didn't see any differences between the years(maybe there is no difference). It looks like there is one style of front/rear for the "drill-less" installation, are those the ones in the pics you posted?

Jeff

OP
OP
ExpeditionAndy

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are those the "2007 - Current Expeditions" model flaps? I didn't see any differences between the years(maybe there is no difference). It looks like there is one style of front/rear for the "drill-less" installation, are those the ones in the pics you posted?

Jeff
I believe so. He posted those pictures in another thread.
Mud flaps for power running board

DuraFlap

Reaction score
Hi Jeff Those are for the 2007 to current Expeditions. There is a front style and a rear style. The Expedition has not changed since 2007. There are a few different trim styles, so we ask for some measurements to make sure we send you the right fit up.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OK, thanks guys. I'm hesitant to install flaps because I've had rust issues develop on a car I installed them on years ago. We'll see....but I did order the emblems that I saw earlier....two for the front and one plaque type for the rear door!

jeff

NevadaGeo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OK, thanks guys. I'm hesitant to install flaps because I've had rust issues develop on a car I installed them on years ago. We'll see....but I did order the emblems that I saw earlier....two for the front and one plaque type for the rear door!

jeff

I understand your reluctance on the mud guards where you live. Here in high desert mountains, the need for mud and abrasion protection is important. Not much salt is used here in the winter as well.

You will like the emblems. I took off the "ecoboost" emblem from the liftgate and replaced it with an eBay emblem "3.5L Twin Turbo" that was metallic and the same size as the ecoboost one.

I kind of think the term "ecoboost" is used by Ford Marketing to cater to the earth muffin crowd and is somewhat silly. I wanted it off my new Expy. I mean with the little green leaf... give me a stinkin' break!!