Leaking coolant no idea what part its coming from!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4Dude

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Haven't posted on here in a while, cause i've been problem free lol Well i just started to smell anti freeze the other day in my cabin and i parked my car to go into autozone. I came out and a HUGE puddle under my car of anti freeze was there to welcome me back. I was able to diagnose the problem and see where it's leaking from, but i have no idea what this part is.

It's hooked up to my heater hoses but don't know what gasket to ask for to replace it. any help would be appreciated! thanks guys!

Attachments

• Leak.jpg
    Leak.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 744
OP
OP

4x4Dude

Full Access Members
Reaction score
sorry here is the edited version of the pic so you can see what you're looking at lol

Attachments

• Leak.jpg
    Leak.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 25,915
OP
OP

4x4Dude

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Really?? no one? I don't want to have to take this to a mechanic and pay him 60 bucks just to tell me what the part is!! Come on guys!

davesexplorer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with that piece being there on my '03 I'll look around some more though...

Last edited:

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That the hose that goes into your heater core? Just checked mine (4.6) and I have something that looks similar. Not sure on a part number, but I'll keep looking. Either way, it looks like a PITA to change.

OP
OP

4x4Dude

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm not sure. I am going to attempt to change it out tomorrow night and see what happens. i'll let you know what happens

OP
OP

4x4Dude

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So i found out that the leak was coming from my intake assembly. I went to ford to have them check it out, and apparantly where it's leaking is attached to one huge piece that costs 500 bucks.

I took it in to my local fam hook up mechanic and he's charging me 750 total to change out the part and do a coolant flush after it's installed. considering the part alone is 500 bucks and it's like replacing half the upper half of my engine, i figure that's not all that bad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FukNshT