Leaks, Leaks, leaks!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

curleywon

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 1999 Expedition is leaking a golden brown colored liquid in the front passenger side. It drips down the frame into my left fog lamp cover. I thought it was the AC evaporator. More recently it is also leaking coolant (yellowish liquid) and I have to refill the coolant reservoir every few days as if there is a leak in the radiator. Lastly, when I drive, coolant vapors enter the car through the vents and fog the windshield. From past experience, I know this to be a leaking heater core. Is it possible that I have all three leaks occurring at the same time?

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
curleywon, from the sounds of things, you have a radiator that has gotten a pin hole leak in it on the passenger side. Unfortunatley, the answer is a new radiator. Atleast the radiator is easy to install. A few hours and you are all done. I wish you were a little bit closer to me (I'm 2 hours south of you) and I would help you get that new radiator installed. The hardest part of that job will be removing the mechanical fan from the motor. If you have done the e-fan conversion, you can probably get the job done in under an hour.