Leather Care

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

star-art

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Your right, the 3rd row of my wife's explorer didn't soak in any of the Rejuvenator but all 3 rows of mine did and the front two of hers did.

I have used Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil on finished leather and it seemed to be successful. But, professionals appear to be split on whether they think it's actually getting through the barrier coating or not. I'd rather be safe than sorry, so I don't mind trying. But, my detailer, who does this for a living (and is very good), says he does not condition finished leather at all. He just wipes it with a damp cloth.

dakotazeb

Reaction score
So if the coating on our non-KR Expys is plastic or vinyl why wouldn't a product to treat the vinyl surfaces work on the seat surfaces?

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
The products just lay on the plastic finish, usually adding a greasy gloss. They aren't "absorbed" by the leather or "condition" anything. At least that's what my research discovered.

They also tend to darken the natural cracks and scratches in the finish coating, making them unsightly on light colored seats.

The best way to make the leather seats last is to keep them clean, which minimizes abrasion and keep the screwdrivers out of your back pocket. I usually get about ten years or 100K miles out of the drivers' seat cushions. By then they look a bit cracked and I replace the cover.