lets hear the good things about our expy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mcouture13

Reaction score
I love my '04 XLT... i drive it real hard, and don't let up on it at all, i like to think, if it can't take me driving it the way i want, find something that can... i have nothing but good things to say about my Expo, and the Advancetrack System is frikkin amazing... and i know there's some of you out there that don't like "computers and gadgets messing with your driving..." but i'm only 24, and i'm used to ABS in every single car, where my dad complains about it.... so, i have 24,000 mi. on my baby girl, she's silver...i guess the only thing i can say is, wish i got an upgraded package w/ a sunroof, reverse sensors, and power rear quarter windows.. other than that i love it!! (oh, the frikkin plastic cladding is fading FAST) <-- but that's it!! i found mothers back to black doesn't work, but if you use Tire wet, and rub it in good, then buff it after with a dry rag, looks pretty dang good!!!
Love my Expo, wouldn't trade or complain for the world!!

toocivil

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have owned my 03 Expedition for about three months now and besides a couple of minor problems I really love this truck. It drives and handles great. My son has already named it the "Green Machine" since its green. On weekends my family and I take it every where. My wife really enjoys how roomy it is. I sure am glad I didn't go the mini van route. Besides its a lot of fun flinging mud or stones on the hood of some yuppie driving their bmw, lexus, porsche or other rich ***** car.

So everyone have a nice cold beer and toast our gas loving monsters. God bless them.

mustangrfast88

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well i have a 2000 with the 5.4 and i love the truck gots great power . love the 3 rows of seating can take 8 people with us and not have to fight over who sits where. love how high it sits can see everything. love that rear ac and so do all the other people that ride with us. but other then that i can think of anything else

but if this was my wife she would say she hates the gas milage but dont we all hate that

green03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I love my truck. It was a little anemic for my tastes when I bought it but the supercharger's progressive boost really wakes up the top end of the tach on this thing. It is stylish and comfortable on long trips. I am getting over 20MPG on the highway now which is excellent for a truck of this weight/size and 4x4. I did just have to replace the front output shaft seal on the transfer case and front axle shaft seal as well. I attribute the failure to not using the four wheel drive all year then beating on it in sub-freezing temperatures in 4x4 mode. If you use your 4 wheel drive more often you shouldn't have this problem. Great truck overall and the quality of the construction on the 03 and newer units is excelent. I can't speak for the older trucks, but the interior is quiet and has no rattles.

Sorry for being so long-winded,
Matt

bmb527

Reaction score
Got a 97 and it's a nice "truck", more like a 4x4 station wagon, but, it fits our current needs. I hate the air suspension, and find the low vehicle height limiting for a "4x4" so I guess I need to buy an old Blazer or Jeep for jaunts off-road.
It is very comfy on road trips and has enough power to drag my boat around. All in all, I would say I am pleased with my Expy.

Silver Ex

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, I've owned the Exped for over a year now. Had to replace the #4 coil pack, an alternator and had some motor problems just before the first of the year, but all in all I'm really happy with my truck. It hauls what I need when I need it, it looks good and it really isn't that bad on gas (alright, I had you 'til that last one...:p ) Seriously, its been a great vehicle and I enjoy it every day.

lakmflx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ive had mine since day one.. Its a 99 Expy 5.4L biggest problem ive had was a thermostat, air suspension motor, and a bad rear wiper motor. As of today the turned 130,000 miles. No complaints from me at all.

Edit*

Just remembered that i had to replace alternator as well.

Last edited:

03ddie

Reaction score
We've had ours for almost a year now. It was an impulse buy as many are, but heres how the story goes(short version), Im stationed in TX, my wife (6mo pregnant at the time) and I went home to NC to visit family driving a Jeep Liberty with the 3.7 V6. We were so sore from the seats and I was tired of being pushed all over the road by the wind that we traded it in on the Expedition on our 2 week vacation and drove back in style. My coworkers give me crap about gas mileage when we go out to lunch (all single and drive ricers) yet they never complain about all the leg room, rear air, comfy leather seats, and not to mention that the whole shop can go in the same vehicle. Bottom line, we love it.

BTW, can someone resize my picture for me?

pronstar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
One Expedition with 4 people in it uses less gas than 4 economy cars with one person in each.

Nice looking truck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okiman